Shadows House - Vol. 4 Ch. 48 - The Shadows of Everyday Life

@broken25 I was rereading the old chapters. And it seems Kate wasnt always the Kate we know. At one point during the older chapters shes loyal to grandfather. At least from my POV it isnt until she goes into Emilyko's room and finds out that there is different information taught to both shadows and humans that she starts to question things.

So i feel like she had her enlightenment after that. I hadnt considered the possibility that Morphs could be considered babies/toddlers. But that would explain why one of the older Shadows was keeping the Morph as a pet.

Fed-Kun's army
was Emilyko the only one brainwashed ? the other living doll didn't have that weird look did they ?

@Broken25 @zypex I didn't even finish reading the promesed neverland, at some point I was really disapointed

@Mira995 I think the "coffee" instills loyalty in the dolls by making them excessively worship the existence of the Grandfather. So when they saw the Grandfather, they get all excited and it takes time for that excitement to wear off I suppose, that's why the other dolls look normal, but they're still very much very loyal to the Shadow House

@broken25 @koriru Kate has known the truth since (before) the first chapter. During the early chapters it's extremely rare that we get a look at her inner monologues, and when we finally get an extended look at her thoughts during the Debut she immediately thinks about telling Emilyko her secret (Chapter 24).
In chapter 47, the first few pages talk about the book "Shadow's Teachings". This is the same book she was reading in the first chapter and was making her anxious, which made Emilyko think Kate was mad at her. She became anxious because what the book says doesn't align with her own philosophy.
The early chapters also have other hints that she knows more than she should. In chapter 2 Emilyko is questioning Kate about humans and eventually Kate tells her to stop asking so many questions and starts letting off soot. This is once again anxiety, because she knows Emilyko is kidnapped human. There are also a few times where Emilyko tries to see the "face" underneath the soot, which Kate stops, probably because she knows they look exactly the same.

@Mira995
all the living dolls get brainwashed

Phew, great timing! I just began reading it this week and suddenly update after a month of silence.

John is totally the guy to become Kate's ally, even if he is a bit dumb and arrogant. He's generally nice and cares about Shaun and others' faces, like Patrick. Just remember the scene where he tried to wear glasses to help Shaun see better.

@azhotype
Then that feeds back into my theory that Kate might have the ability to remember her time as a Morph. (I had mentioned it previously in this thread).

Well a theory is just a theory till it’s been proven canon

Dex-chan lover
Now this was a pleasant surprise. With yet another cliffhanger though, I hope we don't get cut off here again.

edward is too aware..hes just fuckin it all up.

i really hope barbie ends up warming up to kate. i love her so much. she needs more screen time.

Thanks for the upload! Glad to see this story again, it's very addictive.

Thanks for picking this up I love this manga and I've been wanting to continue reading it for some time already, but I don't speak japanese, so yeah, thanks a lot

Users who are viewing this thread