Shadows House - Vol. 4 Ch. 50 - Letter

Group Leader
@jloysnenph @sumfahg

One of the reasons I asked for a Jp translator is because of that. I translated from the Chinese version, which uses first person, and I don't want to just change it to third person without a solid basis. It's one of the things that got lost in the second translation.

Fed-Kun's army
Poor Barbara! Give that girl a hug !

Also, I'm thinking Kate is really smart, maybe one day she will lead the shadow house actually

@WintryOwl I have a question. Is it Shadow House like the title or is it Shadows House like you are using? Shadow House sounds more like a name in the old English manors' naming style but Shadows House is more descriptive.

@WintryOwl Thanks for the translation. Can you clarify the line in page 10, "The amount of soot Barbara makes is six times what the whole Shadows House uses in a day".
In the original version this is バーバラはシャドーハウスが1日に生産するすすの6割を出している which if I'm not mistaken should mean "Barbara lets out 60% of the Shadows House daily soot production".

@MrGoodday The name of the manga in Japanese is シャドーハウス, which translates directly to Shadow House and is how they refer to it in the text. But the official name on the covers is Shadows House, which is how it's probably intended to be translated. This isn't a hard rule, because the official French translation went with Shadow House instead.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of wonder if Barbara might end up being an unexpected ally who wants out of the shadow house. It must be so so painful producing so much soot. :c

Dex-chan lover
@Claresilver47 what if its the otherway around? Its actually a human who found out a soot power. The Founder then brainwash human using soot and making both of them loyal? Hahaha

Double-page supporter
@Oeconomist Good observation, I didn't really realize till you mentioned it. The author really seamlessly transitioned from primarily Emilyko's perspective to Kate's. Kate's an amazing MC, but I definitely feel that if the story was told from her perspective from the very beginning, a lot of readers would be too focused on the strangeness of her appearance and naturally gravitate towards Emilyko, who seems more human. Now Kate's appearance is so normal, it'd be weird if she suddenly had Emilyko's face

Thanks for the translation!

Barbara is pretty interesting. The fact that they prioritize her production of soot over her abilities as a leader and personal wellbeing has bad implications for what might be happening to shadows. Especially because there is no way that Barbie and Barbara will be able to combine if Barbie is ordering her around, the personalities and power dynamic are all out of wack.

Susanna reminds me of the third floor shadow who wanted to be all over John once he revealed his soot. Could the more powerful shadows be eating others? And what does all the soot do? Some is used in the town and to power machinery, but especially after this reveal with Barbara they seem to be producing far more than they consume.

Dex-chan lover
gg Kate! Thanks for the translation
I'm giggling because I got so anxious from the previous chapter
also with that Star Bearer- she's only kept alive because she is more convenient. the shadow failed to develop a functional personality- she should've been terminated

Users who are viewing this thread