Shadows House (Official Colored) - Vol. 6 Ch. 68 - The Culprit

Dex-chan lover
🤯🤯🤯🤯 Ok, but it all makes sense! It's crazy that the author was able to plan this arc out! I love when twists make you go "aha!" and not "huh?"

Power Uploader
And we wondered why Rosemary had such poor luck. Turn out it’s Maryrose’s keikaku all along.

Double-page supporter
I need to read it thrice so I could understand it. L...

I dont wnt to admit but... I think my intelligence is ok the same level of John... 😭😭😭

HUGE play by Maryrose, loved the reveal.
Here's our server link, come discuss this with us!
https://discord.gg/veyTEtM

Dex-chan lover
OK SUPER CONFUSED LMAO AM I THE SAME LEVEL AS JOHN LMAO

Dex-chan lover
It kind of sucks that we lost the nuance in Emilyko's sentence in the last chapter.
I didn't even connect Kate's deduction with that line until I read the translation note. Emilyko being clever again deserves praise.

Dex-chan lover
One way to translate the nuance would have been to say something like "her eyes were clear/clean" but that's a tough one to translate

Regarding the TL note: I think it would be correct to translate as "their face" if we want to keep it as gender-neutral right?

@OverSky in this case, Emilyko is explicitly referring to Rosemary, so using "their face" would be unnatural. In a sense, Emilyko knows who it is, but the reader doesn't, so a large part of it was trying to convey this while working with the fact that you need a subject for a sentence to be grammatically correct in English.

One thing though is that while a Japanese reader would get the double meaning, they wouldn't know the gender of the perpetrator, so this TL kind of gives away one more hint than the original but in turn make the other more vague.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
John earned two points from Kate within two chapters. He is lucky that Shaun stand up to Barbie because if not, no one will know about the scent and John will be excluded from Kate's hunt for the mysterious Shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread