Shadows House - Vol. 6 Ch. 70 - The Last Lesson

Supporter
@Fasdaff Maybe she is playing villain a bit to make Kate and the others grows as well. Soot fight is interesting shown in this chapter, hope we can see more in the future.

Maryrose may have already decided she'd rather die than lose her friend/face, so she's set up a fight where she can teach Kate a bit and die in the process to save her face.

Dex-chan lover
Nice confrontation.

I wonder if any people would notice about this loud and shouting.

I still remember Edward said to keep an eye on Kate. I wonder if that impacted on anything.

Also, if Maryrose learns all of this by herself, I wonder how strong Adult's side is.

Looking forward for the anime because this is the only way to get a manga localized in my country :')

They don't have a guarantee their last gambit will work so it's basically insurance to pass Kate more wisdom. They also won't look like accomplices if she attacked them.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if Maryrose even have correct information about unification.
[Explaination and theory about above, not a spoiler]
She mentioned people who invited into Adult's building never came back and she never go to adult's building before. She could have known from seeing from diary or someone who passed away, maybe Christopher and Antony, which could be wrong conclusion as well.

Anyway, I think unification might not be exactly what Maryrose said.
[Shorten theory about how unification works, it's not like a spoiler.]
It might make human's personality disappeared, Because they have been taught they have to lend into Shadow's personality. I mean, this whole brainwashing have a purpose for stealing the face, right?

It may has purpose for building shadows' personality and maybe a trust to their humans. But, if Unification can just steal their face, they could just do it when the time comes and not dispose the defects.

[Ritual's real purpose theory, not really a spoiler if you haven't reached from start to this point]
I wonder if the ritual's original purpose is some kind of making the 'ideal' version of themself. These shadows are some kind of fairy who pity human who strave to be better, somewhere along the way it got twisted and it became as it is.

Like, Shadows always become 'ideal' version what humans want and they took a shape and made a ritual for it.

This is one of my favorite manga, and Kate is my fav's in this manga. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
@Borderline
Haha maybe Grandpa & fairy made a deals, he wants to dominate the world so that's why he just want the best of the best.
I suspect only this fiefdom has this shadow power, Grandpa probably a Duke or something. They are also still maintaining relationships with human & another fiefdom like parties or something (they could just show their face to a human and meet them at the front mansion, plus adults always showing their face except the 3rd floor residents so no worry)

Contributor
Lesson #1: Do not underestimate your seniors
Lesson #2: Do not show mercy to the enemy
Lesson #3: Hide your true power as much as possible

Valuable lessons for Kate and John, if a little rough.
Maybe Kate or John will also awaken another soot ability from this fight, just like how Maryrose awakened her "convert other shadow's soot into clingers" power a bit late.
Hope Emilyko and Shaun are hanging in there, the longer their shadows have to fight, the longer they have to endure the soot sickness...

Unfortunately, I think that MaryRose's endgame is to die. She has already realized that Kate is moving her rebellion far further along than she is, but can no longer stay in the childrens building. So instead, she's decided to attack Kate and John to make it seem like they were trying to bring her down, rather than join her. MaryRose could have killed them several times, but is mostly demonstrating new techniques with soot and almost training them for future battles. I bet that in the next chapter the Star Bearers will show up, and all they will see is MaryRose attacking the investigation squad. If I'm rate, her sacrifice will buy Kate a lot of trust and leeway within the children's building, and allow her to continue the fight against the Shadows House for a lot longer.

Knowing that failed living dolls become faceless, I wouldn't be surprised if MaryRose and Rosemary commit suicide when they are confronted. Neither of them wants to have the horrible fates that await them if they are captured.

Users who are viewing this thread