Shadows House - Vol. 6 Ch. 74 - The Value of Friends

Aggregator gang
@Esasaeriri thing is "unification" is it necessary that the doll's life ACTUALLY be snuffed out? the only one's who have done this up to now are shadow's who will ALWAYS blindly follow what they've been told if they are told that their life must snuffed out. wouldn't it make sense that the shadows would actively try to do so. It may be the case that it's not and they can actually co-exist but no body knows because they always go in the kill direction?

Dex-chan lover
@noobtube2 I assume it moreso has to do with the identity they portray to people on the outside. they indefinitely need a face in order to recruit new faces, when the third floor went to get the new batch, they used their "face" rather than appearing as an esteemed shadow-sama. faces gives shadows an identity and personality. but if they can only operate using faces, if their face becomes dissident or have an idea of being independent, obvious that would go against there agenda- humans seem to be disposable and it seems the shadow house pay no mind to manipulating humans.
living dolls is an excuse for their existence, to make themselves less than humans. it could be the reason why only young children are recruited rather than an adult
@Esasaeriri even if it was successful, it would most likely turn out that she cruelly punish to revealing that she got Kate and John involved.

@noobtube2 You mean Maryrose might not even try to unify inside the chrysalis? Idk though there might be some special power used to enforce the unification, since it said they're enveloped in coocoon from soot power

@IrregularPerson I'm just hoping somehow Maryrose would make a comeback and this theory could be it lol

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Esasaeriri
I’m thinking the unification is a last resort for the shadow to survive. As shown even shadows need to eat and they’re locked in together for 1-2 weeks both being so weakened, the shadow whether conscious or not tries to survive by merging. If it was done with the proper supplies perhaps they can truly merge without sacrificing the human in the process, but after a week locked in no human would survive.

I was taking a look at the first chapter and I realized the “container” that houses the shadows' chrysalis is drawn on the very first page.

I love it when authors plan ahead like this.

@ShzMeteor WAIT you're right! I thought it was to show the living dolls emerging and ready to serve though but it does look like the same container for unification

@Twi Now that's very sad 🥺 if that's true

I feel sorry for Maryrose and Rosemary, they will probably have a severe punishment, but I will just appreciate how cute Emilyko and Shaun look with the clothes of their shadows.

Contributor
I've always wanted to see Emilyko actually wear Kate's clothes, so this substitution strategy was a really pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread