Shadows House - Vol. 8 Ch. 88 - Evaluation

Okay so I was very excited when this updated this morning and right now I saw the news of this getting an anime

AND ITS COMING OUT APRIL 11!!!!?

It's too soon and not soon enough like I'm wondering if it's gonna end with the soot debut as the end of season 1

Dex-chan lover
You know, there's some chapters where I think Kate and Emily really are wearing the same expression, for a moment ❤️

Dex-chan lover
I wanna point out since lots of us are talking about Edward being correct about suspecting Kate, even though it was implied he heard her talking about dissenting and therefore knows its her and just needs proof what is still strange about it is why Edward had it out for Kate. Its not simply that the debut went wrong for him, from the beginning he singled out Kate. And i think thats a strange coincidence. True, Kate and Emilyko were messing up before the maze portion and it put them in a bad position, but it seemed like Edward already had it out for her before that day? Like as soon as it started he was set on failing her, and at first she and emilyko WERE failing which worked out for him... until it blew up in his face in the end bc Kate was concealing her powers so she won the maze despite his sabotage. If its true he had it out for her before that day its weird bc Kate didnt really leave her room and adults arent supposed to really interact with kids. So was it just a coincidence afterall? was (unintentionally from kates pov) ruining his chance to make it into grandfathers big leagues why he cant let it go? is it all just because he's simply very petty and wants the promotion so the 'dissident kate' narrative seems like a jackpot? OR is there more to Edward's backstory than it seems? (i.e being a special morph too, somehow knowing morph!kate, or something).

@Borderline
Nah ah... I agree with someone else said It's another shadow who eavesdropped on Kate, Not Edward.

If he really heard it back then, dangg easy peasy for him.. Just confiscated the letter, put on some soot, and... voila here is the proof..

And Edward just recently remember about Kate again after Maryrose's incident..

Dex-chan lover
@Puputanidya

It's not that easy. Adults had restricted on an access in children's building at the time. Edward said himself if he took an action himself, Kate will be more wary. That is why he used star bearers to watch over her instead. (I can imagine he doesn't have faceless doll in his authority to make that move.)

Because he had push the matter over Star bearer, It is why he didn't make much move after that. Plus, he probably have other thing to do.

@Borderline snatched it via star bearers.

He told SB ambiguously to put on guard about Kate was because of the debut (mismatched data and ability, + grudges). He was still uncertain.

Like I said before he forgot about Kate, only remember her again because of Maryrose and their inability to capture Barbara red handed.

If he is the one who eavesdropped, he would go on a berserk mode with spesific instruction on SB. I mean Kate's talk plan to bring John on her side is really risky and juicy if Edward can catched them and they had a solid evidence

Aggregator gang
Can't wait for Benjamin to punch Douglas if he tries to pull the rug from under Barbara's feet. Of course, all of this is just my wishful thinking.

Dex-chan lover
@puputanidya

They only talked about bring note to allies if I remember correctly. She hadn't said specifically who will be first or second. He hasn't known which ones she would bring to and when she would bring it to them.

Going bold could be backfired on his reputation. She could have hidden on herself, her room or somewhere else that they don't even know.

If they are catching would be solid evident, yes, but, the stake is very high. It means his reputation would be gone from his 'accusation'. If star bearers reported Edward for abusing his authority.

Kate is pretty sharp. Edward knows this from debut examination. if Kate noticed and were being careful like in debut, he and star bearers might not stand a chance.

And that scenario would work if star bearers would even work for him after his empty word.
No matter it was the truth or not, They would doubt on his bold statement. Even with all of his explaination, it is still a word. For them, it's probably a good theory at the best.

Also, They don't have a close relationship. The willing to do is pretty much low begin with.

If the search failed, Star bearers' and Edward's reputation could be massive blown and Kate's favor would be raised. After all, no matter moves they used, I believe it would have gained some attention by bystanders.

Although, whatever the search is successful or not. It depends on method, timing and how clever Kate is. It's matter of debate which would lead to no end. The risks I have mention would make it less willing to do.

Also, Edward want to go 3rd floor so badly. He can't really risk his reputation like that. That is why he was going roundabout way. So, accusation won't blow back badly on him.

This way, the star bearers would have value him less. But, that is about it.

Like I said before he forgot about Kate, only remember her again because of Maryrose and their inability to capture Barbara red handed.

That is what I mean by leaving the matter to star bearers. He just waited for star bearers to report the result. You could say that he forget by not doing anything else.

I mean, I don't think he have anything else to do on this beside using his authority.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear enough.

Dex-chan lover
@NeroPR, both Benjamin and Ben has the same training regimen. So far, we see Ben punching Ghost like they are made of air.
I think Benjamin will punch through Douglas's head.

Aggregator gang
@manga_follow_75743857 Benjamin is basically a total unit. The man is like 3 times the size of the normal children hahaha. The only people I saw so far that have a big body type (even if it is more fat than muscles per se) are the other bearded shadow from the 3rd Floor and the Great Grandfather. All in all, I think Benjamin is a little older compared to the other children, so he must be like 17 or 18.

Thanks for the translation. Looks like there might be some traitors in the childrens building now. Thomas could end up becoming a good force for both Kate and Barbara, as Edward has already made some mistakes and Thomas is very eager to take him down.

Users who are viewing this thread