Shan Hai Ni Zhan

Group Leader
@Kot I mean, you're not wrong? But the art is really cool. Made me remember Bakuman when they go in with 'Two Earths' or something like that hah.

Been following this since first chapter was scanlated; so far looks like a very good manhua. Got this classic manhua vibe.

Every complaint I've seen about this comic, here and elsewhere, relates to the narration.

Personally, I love it. It feels like a more direct blending of a Light Novel and a comic. For me, the narration slows down my pace and highlights things in the images I would have overlooked in my fast-paced devouring of the material. Instead of thinking "walls and water", I read

"On the vast Eastern sea sat an island shaped as if two arms were embracing each other, creating a natural barrier. A majestic city was built along the shoreline with high walls and a sturdy gate, where the headquarters of the Mountain Sea Clan resides: The Cape of the Sea!"

And now, looking more carefully at the picture, I see the majestic city, the natural barrier, and know that it's the HQ of a very important group to the story.

Users who are viewing this thread