Sharehouse Nile - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - First date

Group Leader
Why must you do this to me, author 😭 I love this manga but some of the historical details are pretty glaring. El Che's home land was not Cuba, but Argentina. He actually went to various countries to help their fight for liberation, including throughout South America and in Africa. Though of course, most famously in Cuba with comrade Castro and company, so I could see how there might be confusion about where he's from.

I don't know if this particular mistake is better or worse than him calling tacos his cultural meal.

Group Leader
Why must you do this to me, author 😭 I love this manga but some of the historical details are pretty glaring. El Che's home land was not Cuba, but Argentina. He actually went to various countries to help their fight for liberation, including throughout South America and in Africa. Though of course, most famously in Cuba with comrade Castro and company, so I could see how there might be confusion about where he's from.

I don't know if this particular mistake is better or worse than him calling tacos his cultural meal.
Yeah I found that pretty stupid as well. Then again, the story about Marie Antoinette riding donkeys IS historically accurate, so I don't know where they're getting their sources xd.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation update! Hope to see this story translated to its end.

Keep up the good work

Dex-chan lover
This manga is making me write a madman sentence like "Oh wow look how fashionable Che Guevara and Marie Antoinette having a date at the beach together".

Last edited:
Supporter

We really gotta treat this as Fate/RomCom or we're gonna get constantly mad with the lack of accuracy

Group Leader
We really gotta treat this as Fate/RomCom or we're gonna get constantly mad with the lack of accuracy
Yeah that's a pretty good way to look at it. It's not like I'm not enjoying this manga though, to be fair - I love it. I'm half Cuban, so I pick up on these sorts of things relating to Cuba, especially with historical figures I admire.

Group Leader
Antoinette riding a donkey is possibly a reference to the french movie "Antoinette dans les Cévennes" which is a about a woman named Antoinette who befriends a donkey.

Users who are viewing this thread