She Doesn't Know Why She Lives. - Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - Sumi in a corner of the world

Dex-chan lover
A little bit sad that it ended so suddenly...but, sincerely speaking, that's already a little bit more was told of this type life situation than it contains.
And I was afraid that it will be a sad ending, like "it will be like that forever, *gloom". Or, worse, unrealistic one, with princes etc.
But I think this is the best one. To calm down and have it going.
Because that's my way of life right now.

this is a perfect ending, not forced but still showing a progress sumi's make.

ahhh, i'm gonna miss this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga hits WAY too close to home at times...

Even if it's ended, I'm happy for Sumi - she finally found someone who can lead and support her and prevent her from being alone. She can make steps in the right direction now, and she knows that there's a way which leads to somewhere brighter. It's really important and people tend to not understand this...

Wow. Why isn´t this a mainstream manga that everyone knows?
The ending was really good. Sumi´s depression didn´t disappear magically, but she made some clear progress in the hopefully right direction.

This story definitely hit a little close to home. It may not have been necessarily a happy ending, but Sumi seems to be moving in the right direction at least.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh the ending was perfect, also I really enjoy how sincere and open this manga was. Just like looking at myself a couple of years in the past.

I really love this manga. I think this is one of best explorations I have seen that involves this concept. The reason why it does hit a cord with so many people was because it does play out in a really "relatable" way. The "balance" has to be perfect for this. It doesn't throw so many tragedies that becomes abstract and fantastical. But also it also manage to avoiding trivializing the problems making it into a weakness of the character. And then there's the behaviors and thinking that manages to feel real rather than edgy or emo.

But I what I love even more is this second half. Because it faces in how to fight the challenge with respect and weight. It doesn't spiral into the darkness for maximum depression and edge. It doesn't suddenly spin into some cheery and sudden breakthrough by just a few simple actions. Nor does it just throw some prince to suddenly save the day. Instead it is the small steps and everything in between. The finding and confiding with another person who both can sense they actually can understand. The small validations of finding out kindness was genuine kindness. The little steps in making connections with people and seeing the connections are real. The comfort and inspiration in seeing examples of others that fits in some way which demonstrates it is not too late. The knowledge an action done for someone you values it positively affecting the person and is valued back. Combined with all the fear, doubt, and setbacks in between the progress.

A special note in Izumi's earnestness and consideration for others too. While she constantly battles and feel guilty at her "selfish" thoughts, she remains genuinely cares for her Kanade, which is a big factor to her success with Kanede. A more selfish and inconsiderate person would not be to achieve several pivotal moments - such people needs self-reflection. But our Izumi doesn't have that problem, so her progress is more of the steps forwards as seen in this manga.

All of that and more is depicted in a realistic and honest manner. With it, it doesn't mean she has conquered the issues or even anything. In some ways, it remains really fragile and can easily all fall apart. But it is visible progress while also showing all the vulnerabilities and fragility of the whole thing. There's no guarantee but it's all the right steps and all explored in one of the best depictions on this concept I have yet seen or read.

This isn't just a manga - it's the experience. Experience i was needed for a long time. Just like Izumi-san, i hope to move forward with all my heart. Thank you for this manga!

This was honestly an amazing read that struck a cord with me and honestly gives me motivation to continue on strong in life. Thank you Anu for creating such an amazing story.

A conclusion that was foreshadowed in this chapter that I can see is to Ask for help when you need one. A really good advice to avoid any further mental issues.

Anyone knows a similar manga like this? Not comedic so not like Suicide Boy*

I'm glad to have read this manga, I let serves as a warning message to me to stop being so FUCKIGN anti social just because it takes so much energy lest I end up a 25 year old with no friends and overcome by depression

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this. It's honestly one of the best manga's I've read, up there with Solanin.

Even though it may be a sudden ending, i actually really like it. it has the perfect lesson for people that are going through situations like this. the fact that life isn't something epic, happiness 99% of the time come from the really small things. and one thing that really helps the fact of having a positive outlook of life is being grateful even for the smallest of thing. i really liked the fact that the one thing making Sumi start to look foward is just a tiny little plant

Users who are viewing this thread