She Likes Homos, Not Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
simple youth mistakes, it's understandable
every one has their own experiences, of course
when you're used to being ostracized and vilified for who you are, you start to fantasize about the normal
you start to get greedy
i like his psyche, tbh

still, that best friend is hella touchy, i'm uncomfortable

Why did you do thaaaaat 😭
But it's very understandable as he's still pretty young...

God, these two chapters are certainly well written and well drawn, but it's very painful mentally to read.

@denkiiki I'm the same with @cylazi it's hard not to internalise heterosexuality as the "ideal" when that's all youre surrounded by. I've been in relationships that felt like agony to force myself to be "normal". when you love someone platonically it's easy to fool yourself into thinking you can love them romantically, but that never works out in the long run. the desire to have that perfect "house with a yard" marriage just fuels this

Dex-chan lover
Y'all forgiving him saying he is young and still confused about his gender identity....still doesn't sit right with me how he is such a jerk to his friend

Also, Freddy was bisexual. How ignorant can you be...

Aggregator gang
Hmm he is kinda jerk friend, but it's not like Miura would surely date Ryouhei if he'd reject her. She knew Ryouhei before him and she wasn't interested. He is more of a jerk towards Miura, but he is still a teenager, who only starts to sort out kinds of love. Teenage years are the time for exploration of this sort imo. Also, I'm not really sure if my views are right, but I think that people can to some extent develope bisexual tendencies, so he may end up being closer to his goal as "married, secretly gay". Personally, I wouldn't care if my husband would practice safe homosexual sex if he stayed a good husband and father in other aspects.

Double-page supporter
oof. But thinking back on it it's not like Jun has any role models/seen a successfully out gay person in his life. All he has is the guy he's banging, who's married with kids, and a faceless 20 year old on the internet.

Contributor
I wonder... is Jun confusing platonic and romantic love because of internalized heteronormativity, or is it more like what Mr. Fahrenheit was saying in that he is homosexual but may not necessarily be homoromantic? It seems like his feelings for Miura do go beyond just normal friend-like.

@Makecake the black shoes are Makoto's (the married man he's sleeping with)

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy this is a shitshow

@sukaley Probably the latter, he clearly likes, enjoys and lusts having homosexual sex, but with what we've seen, he does have feelings for Miura. There are also his desires of having a heteronormative family that makes it seem more like he is closer to bi rather than gay.

I'd just like to throw this one out there - don't you find the "I love that person but don't get hard over them" thing happening even among people of your preferred sex? How is this any different from that, if you really think about it?
I'm also genuinely curious - how many of you wouldn't mind marriage/long-term relationships in such cases? I know I wouldn't...
Third and final question for the audience....has anyone kept count of how many times our super-straight boy Ryouhei greeted his friends Borat-style? Thank you so much for reading, goodnight~

Users who are viewing this thread