Sherbet Above the Sea of Fog - Ch. 30 - A Woman Reading

Dex-chan lover
Well this will be interesting

*edit
Wait, are the unnamed women in this flashback Kishiel's two girlfriends?
leq9x4.jpeg

Last edited:
Contributor
Imagine writing a book that gets recalled for promoting fear of childbirth.
Probably just an excuse for the powers in charge. Historically society has tried to keep thing related to female sexuality banned or censored as a tactic to uphold the status quo. The more ignorant and unaware people are, the easier it is to uphold outdated puritanical moral values and justify unequal treatment.

Dex-chan lover
I wish I hadn't been right about the wealthy occultist hiring Kishiel and Co. to get the cursed treasure. Perhaps even Sherbet's fiancé if the story want to twist the knife further. The poor fools, all of them.

Last edited:
Supporter
I wonder if that's an omniscient narrator talking about Sherbet's intelligence . . .

The timeline of all this is hard to know - how long has Sherbet been there? Granita? Kishiel and her family/friends/etc? Do the loops that Sherbet's been living through happen consecutively as far as the outside world is concerned? Is there even any kind of definite relationship between the passage of time on the ghost ship and in the outside world?

There are no clear anachronisms in the various backstories that we've seen, nothing to definitively say that one of them is from a different period in history to the others, so I doubt that we'd be talking about centuries of looping or anything like that. But if Sherbet has been through nine iterations on her attempt to be with Granita it definitely starts raising questions . . . aside from the obvious "why so many times through?", I'd also ask when Mors joined them - before the first loop? Sometime in the middle? What happens to Mors when Sherbet fails her romance check and pays the price (whatever it is) yet again? And what about Kishiel's group - did they only show up for this last iteration? Maybe each time there's been someone like them that's come along to give the ghost ship a way to present The Little Box(tm) to her so she could make her wish?

This is such a good story . . .

Fed-Kun's army
So what are we getting built up to start liking kishel over Granita? I’m tired of all these scenes with her honestly

Fed-Kun's army
So what are we getting built up to start liking kishel over Granita? I’m tired of all these scenes with her honestly
No, just a good ole love triangle. Welcome to romance media.

More than most likely Granita will be painted as the bad guy by Kishel’s group while trying to convince Sherbet that they are, in fact, the bad guys.

Dex-chan lover
i thought this was another dumb (i mean this in the goodly semse) yuri romcom but like....... there's obviously stuff beneath the surface here. like, there are so many bizarre details. like fr whats going on

Dex-chan lover
9 times?? Why do I feel like Sherbert keeps wishing to forget? The ghost ship seems to suit her in a way, it helps her make friends and she doesn't seem as lonely. So making everyone forget the way out, or some similar effect for instance, be her wish (which would give the impression of time loops) could be possible

Fed-Kun's army
No, just a good ole love triangle. Welcome to romance media.

More than most likely Granita will be painted as the bad guy by Kishel’s group while trying to convince Sherbet that they are, in fact, the bad guys.
Trust me pal this isn’t my first I’ve read over 300 yuri books I kind of need a life at all this but can’t help my addiction

Users who are viewing this thread