Shi ni Modori, Subete wo Sukuu Tame ni Saikyou he to Itaru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
@krispy
Yes. We are comparing our own logic, to their world's logic. Just like how we assume that they are breathing air, that they get fat if they eat too much food, that they can drown underwater, that "gravity pulls them down", that they have night and day cycles, that they dream if they sleep, that they have human emotions, etc.

Fantasy is built on our own reality, senses, and common sense -- unless stated otherwise, and built around a consistent set of rules. Otherwise, the story doesn't work.
And in this instance, the author used the correct idea that "training makes you stronger", but applied it to a 3 years old child, without correcting the readers' understanding of the world, that something like that should be impossible. If the author would've had the child use magic to increase muscle mass, that'd make sense. But not to have a 3 years old kid, do pull ups.

@Solipsist now your limiting fiction to what our limit as irl things are. Your logic is that if we as real people can't do that at 3 then them as creations of someone's imagination in a fictional story that they created shouldn't be able to do it either. Fiction and logic goes together but the thing with fiction is that it can and will break the logic your use to at times cause it not real and most likely can never be real in those instances.

Dex-chan lover
@krispy
Aiight this'll be my last comment, cuz you're clearly not really reading them.
Fantasy is built on our own reality, senses, and common sense -- unless stated otherwise, ...
Unless stated otherwise. I.E: It is either explained or demonstrated how "baby training" is possible with magic, or fantasy-elements. Which it didn't.
If you want the readers to believe that "babies can do bodyweight training", you NEED to make a proper exposition for your setting. Which it didn't. You can't just throw the "fantasy" word around.

And to know more about precisely what you wrote ("logic breaking fantasy"), read about "suspension of disbelief", it is exactly what that guy that replied back to you wrote about.

Is that little girl a reincarnator too or do 5 year olds out in the sticks all talk like that nowadays? I don't remember kids my age being as eloquent as this girl when I was 5 😅 am I just dumb?

Aggregator gang
It's gonna be a regular ole reincarnation they said, no cheat abilities they said, hard work they said, he's going to develop magic-- wait what?!

Dex-chan lover
Yeah there’s no way in hell that he is a 3 years old.
It makes me wonder if the author has ever seen children...

Fed-Kun's army
Is it forced training or simply skills/experience once more being recalled and coming back online.

Authors and their inability to skip a few years in early childhood lol. Children cant even build a lot of muscles properly or without repercussions before like ~ 14 years old

Y'all gotta understand that Japan has an aging population. There's no way in hell this author has ever even met a 3 year old, or if they had they probably just assumed it was a 2 month old toddler. :p

Just reading this, and why does this 3 and 5 years old physique bother me so much?

Users who are viewing this thread