Shiawase Kanako no Koroshiya Seikatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 20.5 - Omake

I found it too cliche a romance with the detective but it's funny how she's always cautious about him, also I like more Sakurai for her

Kanako really looks cute ,i dont know why but theres something about her that is just cute

Dex-chan lover
@Ciel I feel the opposite, like now I actually kinda get the puns, since the whole gimmick was lost before in the translation

Fed-Kun's army
THE
SHIP
HAS
SAILED
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Group Leader
@Volttekka the thing is that it's obvious it's coming from some Japanese phrase, so like sure you can include it--but the difference between like "nope nope nope lop-eared rabbit" and whatever the Japanese was is not that significant. if the idea behind translation is to bring the experience to another language, then i think the TL did that just fine. asking for the original japanese works cuz it's basically a TN, but to put it as the primary makes it break your immersion as an English-speaking reader. ofc there's an argument to be made about the audience reading this (how well they would know japanese compared to a random person off the street) but i don't think it's worth breaking that immersion. reading the japanese makes the puns less cute/fun because i read the original JP first, as opposed to reading a localized version first. it makes the jokes harder to land unless you know the meaning of the word beforehand.

it's like reading permanent TNs everywhere when I'd prefer just to read whatever the TL thought was the closest they could get, because the TL was doing a pretty good job all things considered and reading the japanese version does not enhance my understanding in any significant way beyond "ah i see what this was maybe supposed to be". but that's only useful if the TL butchered it--which they haven't really done thus far for this series--so i really don't see a need for it. now if readers were asking for it, sure, put it smaller. but for it to replace the english as the primary text? i think that's overstepping.

Group Leader
Drop it, drop it, lop-eared rabbit

Fail, fail, fail snail

Jealousy jealous-shisa

Oh, sh- eetah!

Double-page supporter
plz give her a better love interest. nothing wrong with this one but I just don't see them together, especially when she's a psycho that kills people based on how she feels at the moment

Dex-chan lover
Noooo I wanted Kanako x Sakurai, not Kanako x Shiny-Faced Detective Weirdo!

Oh no a love triangle 😭😭😭 i ship her to sakurai and detective

Users who are viewing this thread