Shijou Saikyou no Mahou Kenshi, F Rank Boukensha ni Tensei Suru ~Kensei to Matei, 2 Tsu no Zense o motta Otoko no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

that just had to happen that way. let's see what the townsfolk will do now.

Contributor
I don't know why she's freaking out, it's not like he can stay there forever to keep the well filled.

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1
She is a known water magic user. He just showed a potential for water magic. Her selling a small shot glass of water for a large amount of money, passing it off as somehow difficult to aquire is now proven to be a massive scam. Her busness is ruined even if he wont stay there forever because now everyone knows that she could do the same thing but choose not to in order to rob people of their money.

She abused a difference in information to exploit people. While normally, not likely an issue since information is a part of the trade. But water is different. It is one of the necessities of life. It is why there is a public well. Water is likely considered a free commodity. So her trying to profit off of a "shortage" could even be seen as a criminal act.

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe

Not necessarily a difference in information, but a difference in capabilities, as water magic might be rare.
Alternatively, they have enough water to survive, but due to the heat it's not really... appetizing . In that case she's using their thirst for cold water to make money.

Now, all he has to do is keep it up to refill the water table, then maybe fix the weather so its not so hot, or rains regularly.

@JavelinJoe

I agree, but you're assuming that MC doesn't hold absurd water power by having it maxed on advanced level and water users would be able to do the same. I feel like the twist it that she's using beginner level magic with a bunch of restrictions, and the MC has godlike powers. Sure, I also believe she can do more than a bunch of glasses a day and is using the situation on her favor, but I really doubt she could supply the entire town or anywhere close to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini
That could be it. We dont know all the limitations of magic either so maybe he just used an excessive amount.

I thought that the well water was evaporating causing a shortage though. Because given how she is designed and acts, it appears to me that she is knowingly taking advantage of a poor situation. She asked him to giver her his cloths for a glass of water. If it was just because it was a bit of warm water, that deal would never even be considered. But she said it in a way which makes it look like she has successfully done similar trades before.

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe

while true, you forget the fact that there might be a limit to how much a low tier mage can summon.
he clearly is ridiculously strong in pretty much whatever he does.
it's fairly unlikely that a watermage strong enough to refill a whole god dam well is common.

still don't mean he is more or less ruining her business thou, even if only temporary as the water he makes wont solve the core problem itself.
also depending on how the well is built it might not even hold the water for more than a day anyhow.

Dex-chan lover
Well, she is a bitch and abused the situation to make profit, even if it limited to a certain amount of water she can materialze daily. But then again she didn't make a big secret of it. So I'm not really sure you can call this scam, as a) the amount of her goods might be limited and b) she doesn't even try to lie to the people, that she uses her position.

Maybe my taste in women is a little bit bad in this case, but I can't really dislike her for now. I mean she has a nice pair that suite her and her out going facial expression are kinda charming. Being the saleswoman, being flirty, being the villainess, being smug, being destroyed. She's funny. 🤭

Aggregator gang
Let's be blunt here, if you're having to pay that much for water, there's no way the town would survive. You'd have to have a VERY convincing reason to have what looks to be a city in an area were water is so scarce.

Group Leader
That well is no where as dry as this chapters plot and not to mention the depth.

Users who are viewing this thread