Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie - Vol. 4 Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
Eh. To other groups defense, I do occasionally buy jp mangas (I speak jlpt n3 lvl Japanese so enough for like youtsuba) and getting non electronic stuff to my country costs stupid money, like 50$ per volume. And note that some translator at least claim to only translate world that are not available in English, so they don't consider it piracy when people who don't speak jp read it, but do when they do it

Well your post at the end of the chapter still dosent explain why you snipped a series, that's just a downright despicible and douchey thing to do.

Aggregator gang
@ChaosNoahV It depends on the situation doesn’t it? What if the other groups translations was of poor quality, or what if they “abandoned” the series, in the way that they still dropped chapters every now and then but very inconsistently or with months between chapters? I don’t really know a lot about this, but what stops the previous group from “sniping” the series back?

Supporter
Complaining about sniping is such an entitled baby move. You don't own the series - If you're slow, someone could just take it from you. Get over it.

Wow, two different series I like has sniper drama?

People need to settle the f down and just enjoy the series.

I mean there are three reasons sniping is bad.
A) Small group takes over, discouraging the existing group, but then both drop series. The new group just falls apart, as they're more likely to do compared to established groups.
B) Someone is making an illegal profit.
C) Sniper quality is trash.

If none of the above,than there's no justification. If there's no justice, drama is for drama's sake. Being upset just because "you should be upset" is way too common on the internet. Ffs.

Is it me or "cool badass Shikimori-san" is becoming a soft hearthed housewife lately? I haven't seen his cool side in last chapters

Look how our boy has grown :')

On the subject of paid translations. Sure if people want to spend money on it but i will never be convinced that a inofficial translation of a Wn chapter is worth the 150~250 dollars that the translator wants for it.

A very extreme example yes but i still feel that profiting on translations that you do without permission is really low.

Dex-chan lover
Now THIS is what I call quality character development.
Ma boi Izumi is not just cute, he's cool too!

Dex-chan lover
I didn't even notice there's a change in uploader til this credit page lol.

Man, I like this guy stealing this manga from a literal st'effortless' scanlator. You rock!!

@TheMinester I appreciate the explaination at the end, I never understood why some groups ask for so much donations constantly so I always expected raws and the magazines to be expensive tbh
@ChaosNoahV they are faster and better, not sure how that is douchey thing to do, I mean same reason the people that upload solo leveling here now, they are faster and translate a lot better

Izumi, my boy, became manly in this chapter. Finally, though. *sniff*

Group Leader
Raws are not expensive. They’re cheap. And if you can’t even afford cheap ones, then just scanlate series for which you can get the raws for free. All scanlation is illegal (it not being otherwise available in English doesn’t make it legal, merely possibly morally justifiable). Taking any money for scanlation, be it in ads or donations, is wrong. Cover your costs out of your own pocket, and if you can’t afford that, then don’t scanlate series that have costs.

Complaining about sniping is incredibly entitled. No group has an exlcusive access to scanlate any one manga, and another group putting out their own translation doesn't stop the first group from doing so. In fact competition is good for readers since it will drive up quality.

If I was a scanlator working in good faith for the community, why should I care if someone else "snipes" me? I'd just keep going at my original schedule, and as long as I have confidence in the quality of my work it shouldn't matter who else translates the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread