Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie

Dex-chan lover
A manga I never get tired if re-reading. Flawless stuff here I'll tell ya that fer free.

The author seems like changed his style to show how cool shikimori is, welp she looks more like physco girl than cool tho but I love that style

Also, wait... Did the title just changed too?

BP

Fed-Kun's army
What's this manga? Oh wait it's "That girl is not just cute" what happened to the title?

I'd hate to be the cynic here (just kidding), but I could never manage to get into this. From what I've read, it's just two people cockteasing their interest in one another despite already being in a relationship. There isn't anything to really look forward to, the characters don't grow from the time they've spent together and it somehow feels even more directionless than most romance manga.

I know I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up over something which is a handful of pages long, but it seems like everyone else has.

It's funny how a lot of people complain about the lack of "plot" and "character growth" when it was obvious from the start as to what type of manga this is aiming to become. Same people who complain about Takagi-san and Pseudo Harem. Better to criticise manga who tried having plot but failed to deliver.

When people say this "doesn't go anywhere", what do you want?Dramatic tension? Conflict? I think you'll find the Drama tag more suited to your tastes.
This manga is more than just a repeating gag, and it takes its time showing the tenderness of its characters. Think about how much you knew about the characters 20 chapters ago, don't you feel much closer to them now? That's what we enjoy about these types of manga.

BP

Fed-Kun's army
@dureremu
"When people say this "doesn't go anywhere", what do you want?"
I want them to get married and have six kids, the third in line being triplets, with every single child have a dedicated 200 chapter arc detailing their own life journey on finding a cute boyfriend/girlfriend.

When people say this "doesn't go anywhere", what do you want? flirty shit that is so obvious that you'll throw up? or do you want them to fuck each other like every vanilla hentai doujin out there? same tbh but i like it this way already

The more I read, the more I enjoy getting tangled up in their lives.

It's well written, and it's got a good enough direction to keep me comin' back.

As a "slice of life" story, this one's got all the elements I enjoy. I've gotten mixed up in other mangas only to find the author gets stuck creating a one-trick pony.

The story has a decent amount of characters, a totally enjoyable set of male/female leads; their devotion to one another without her being a tiresome, annoying, whining Tsundere is also quite refreshing. The story finds its footing and walks you along at a relaxing and satisfying pace.

Not everyone's "cup of tea," to be sure, but it's to my taste. *sips*

Dex-chan lover
Oh they changed the name of the manga from "That Girl's Not Just Cute" to "Shikimori's Not Just Cute".

@Kaitensatsuma What the hell do you want? They're already in a relationship, you want unnecessary bullshit drama or something?

Dex-chan lover
@KingNova777 Even just a damn day-to-day story that starts to involve other people as more than background NPCs would be FINE

Tomo-Chan was fantastic like that, you can have the romance, the funny, the characters and not have unnecessary drama.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaitensatsuma Wait, where are you at in this manga? Because what you just described is what this manga has been doing for a while (well to a slightly lesser extent compared to Tomo-chan)

Dex-chan lover
Now the name's "Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie". I feel like this is a downgrade.

Dex-chan lover
What's with sudden name changing? I dont feel it, this new title kinda sucks and sound like some gal crap

Users who are viewing this thread