Shikkoku Tsukai no Saikyou Yuusha - Vol. 10 Ch. 50 - Who is the Enemy

Dex-chan lover
He could kill the curse hero. That's his primary objective. If I had counted all the shounen manga where the good guy idiotically listens to all the BS a villain keeps spouting, I'm not sure how many hundreds I'd have already reached. If, among those, I counted the titles where it actually made sense to listen to the villain, I doubt it would be more than a dozen or two. I doubt I need to mention which category this belongs to.

Dex-chan lover
He could kill the curse hero. That's his primary objective. If I had counted all the shounen manga where the good guy idiotically listens to all the BS a villain keeps spouting, I'm not sure how many hundreds I'd have already reached. If, among those, I counted the titles where it actually made sense to listen to the villain, I doubt it would be more than a dozen or two. I doubt I need to mention which category this belongs to.

Not really surprising. The writing in this is mostly awful when the villains show up and they have to focus on their plans, motivations, and machinations. When it's just a silly adventure story with them fighting smaller threats and interacting with one another it's passable. But when significant villains show up and the author has to try and make them compelling, it falls down the rabbit hole of terrible planning, nonsensical justifications, and pulling random nonsense out of the writer's ass.

It kind of gives me vibes of the worst, least-planned-out parts of Bleach. But a lot, a lot worse.

Group Leader
The dumbass MC wants to save the bitch that betrayed him the worst instead of letting her get her just desserts, so he won't do anything to the Curse Hero until the curse is turned off.

The asspull is probably going to be that the combined powers of both popes have the ability to remove the curse, so he needs to convince them to work together to stop the battle.

Dex-chan lover
The dumbass MC wants to save the bitch that betrayed him the worst instead of letting her get her just desserts, so he won't do anything to the Curse Hero until the curse is turned off.

The asspull is probably going to be that the combined powers of both popes have the ability to remove the curse, so he needs to convince them to work together to stop the battle.
For all he knows, the curses could disappear the moment the curse hero is killed. The thing is that you obviously shouldn't believe a single word out of your enemy's mouth, as lying would naturally benefit the enemy. Even if the curse hero was telling the truth, there's no way for Shion to know. However, killing the enemy obviously grants big benefits immediately. In this case Shion doesn't need to wring anything vital out of the curse hero's mouth either, like the location of a hidden atom bomb... It's highly questionable if keeping the curse hero alive could help to save the other cursed heroes, but it would allow the villain to keep advancing his nefarious plans in the meantime.

But, well, Shion is trapped by his hero complex, like Shirou of FSN. If you want to save absolutely everyone, you might end up saving less people than if you allowed some to die. Villains would never fail to exploit such a trait.

Dex-chan lover
That's somewhere in the extended 101 Rules of Overlording...

If you find someone with a Hero Complex, nurture it. (s)he will do more damage by themselves than any other Evil Plan could possibly accomplish.

The inverse: Beware of the Hero with self-interested motives. They tend to be pragmatic and dangerous. Is also in there somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
mc, you don't need to kill him, start cutting a slice of his limbs until it breaks and surrender.

Group Leader
Bruh. Just use that little black
box on the whole country. Make everyone sleep. Then merc the curse hero. We done. Go home, we done, story is done

Contributor
It's painful to watch the protagonist dance in the palms of the enemy and see them always a step or two behind. This was an intricate plot carefully planned and executed by the villain and he expects to stop it with absolutely no plan of his own? I suppose he believes every battle needs to be fought and won. It's a hard sell to see him still try and be a hero for everything after all that betrayal he's gone through. But maybe I should take that as his character flaw. Shion has a hero complex like other comments say.

Even the part where he states "Even so we have no choice but to tell everything to the pope" was cringy: What if she doesn't believe a single word of what he said, now what? Tell her again? Threaten her?

I hope he didn't forget why they went to Olivina in the first place. It was to find and rescue Mei's grandpa. That objective is done, and now he's just caught up in the chaos of a vile plot that he's clearly not ready to handle. Aside from Emily, none of them even have any stakes in this fight; Emily does have a friend living here, but since when did they trust her enough to fight for her? She's actually done with her part too, by the way, so they're just treating her now like a regular, trusted party member even when she's still supposed to be earning their trust.

Users who are viewing this thread