Shimanami Tasogare - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
i wonder what the deal is with Anon, we don't know anything about her at all and she hasn't really shown any emotions. and looks like i was right, it seems like Tsubaki wasn't aware that he was gay himself. at least i'm assuming that's what the deal is. silly as it is, i had a feeling right from the beginning because his eyelashes were long and feminine just like the protagonist's, which i assume was an intentional art design

Dex-chan lover
A wedding reception hall!? That's such a good idea! Idk how it is in Japan, but weddings are expensive as heck where I live, so it'd be nice if the place could also be used for people on a budget.

i don't think his reaction was realistic... to explode into confessing... i thought he was going to hit him in the head or something., then go into a maniac attack and only stop by being immobilized.
the last hing i was expecting was a simple straight forward confession like that.

sign....

but i think i am self inserting too much -_- i feel like i would break down... completely. i wouldn't be able to keep on going there or even respond to any of the two people MC had issues with...
depression would hit like a nightmare and i would end up doing nothing. failing at school and, ignoring all friends and family, and hiding myself in my room...closing myself from others and even myself. because the world is too scary and people are even more.

this is a sad and unfortunate assumption but i wonder if tsubaki was somehow abused by an older man before.... 😞 ill keep reading to see what's the details with him

Hmm... Anonymous does not seem very helpful at all. Maybe we haven't got to the main reason why she's in the story (unless her only point was at the beginning when she introduced him to Cat Clowder)

Reactions: Ekn
i don't think his reaction was realistic... to explode into confessing... i thought he was going to hit him in the head or something., then go into a maniac attack and only stop by being immobilized.
the last hing i was expecting was a simple straight forward confession like that.

@moonlight00 Maybe it had to do with what Anonymous was saying to him earlier? (i.e., the thing about whether to get mad or not and regret?). But ya, otherwise it’d take extreme amounts of both courage and stoicism to do that, something that I think—if I had to be honest—may be a bit out of character of MC.

i don’t think the confession scene was out of character i mean he already assumed he was gay for hanging around them and it was just them two so what’s the point in hiding it anymore, i just think for any other character the transition between shouting and then confessing would’ve been weird but this didn’t feel weird it felt like he was just over it after hearing all that ab his friends from the dude he likes

Im gonna use this to all my 'straight allies who still fcking confused' for them to understand how gays work.

tldr: Gay 101

I am replying to fluentinmanganese but not gonna reply them since I don't want to necropost

Spoilers

TLDR: Kaname learns from Utsumi in chapter 14 and tells Tsubaki what he actually feels while also defending his friends.

While this would usually be out of character for Kaname ( main protag), Utsumi pretty much did exactly this in chapter 14, and he was also shown to be conflict avoidant in that chapter, suppressing the discomfort he felt with the things Koyama said.

In his case, it was in response to a well meaning but painfully frustrating ally friend, but in the end he spoke about what was truly on his mind about his own identity in an explosion of anger while making clear to not hurt his friends, which Kaname was there to see.

Even annonymous' response to kaname at the start of this chapter is basically telling him to fight back and let his anger not remain silent " If you live without getting mad, at the very least you could end up invisible".

And so like what Utsumi does, Kaname spills the beans about what he's actually feeling and defends his friends at the same time.

Tho I do agree with moonlight00, it would've been nice to see Tsubaki retaliate since it's a little hard to believe he wouldn't be caught up in his frustration around repressing his sexuality and hit back at Kaname even harder, tho that might drag out the story abit much so I can see why it wasn't explored

Users who are viewing this thread