Shimanami Tasogare - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Aw, that was just the sweetest thing ever. You really get to feel how much these to love and care for each other with only few panels.
This is up there with 3-gatsu no Lion in how much it makes me cry. And that's a good thing, because they're mostly happy tears. Mostly.

What a sad but sweet story. That's just life for you. Isn't it a sad tale of just what the human condition is today?

I am happy to see that Tchaiko-san has made resolve with what he has and is grateful for the 30 years he had with Seichirou-san. It would be sad if Seichirou-san doesn't get his wish to see his partner in his final moments, but it would be interesting for the mangaka to have that happen. After all, in real life, that's just how it is often times; not all loops get closed, and I like this manga for its realism.

I'm so sad right now. This is so realistic it hurts. If my dad was gay and I met him when he was dying, i'd want him to be with his partner.

Dex-chan lover
I guess his partner is more like bi, but more attracted to men than women. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to have sex with woman and even have a child and wouldn't even want to marry her in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
@CookieMonster

you have really good intentions with that comment, but sometimes that isn't the case. More often then not many people have internalised homophobia and that can easily allow them to be in straight relationships and have children. But those relationships while they may love their wife platonically are forced in all the romantic/sexual aspects.

Dex-chan lover
I knew Tchaiko-san would have the most tear inducing back story, I just knew it.

Also I have been wondering it for a while, but is he a foreigner ? It seems that his partner calls him Ilya and he mentions how his partner was studying abroad when they met, not to mention how everyone calls him Tchaiko, although that could be attributed to his tendency to playing Tchaikovsky music

Dex-chan lover
I guess his partner is more like bi, but more attracted to men than women. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to have sex with woman and even have a child and wouldn't even want to marry her in the first place.
I advise you to get acquainted with the concept of compulsory heterosexuality, it's a thing, just as a lot of lesbians have been with men before, a lot of gay men have been with women in the past, navigating your sexuality can take a long time, and everyone has different experiences

Dex-chan lover
I advise you to get acquainted with the concept of compulsory heterosexuality, it's a thing, just as a lot of lesbians have been with men before, a lot of gay men have been with women in the past, navigating your sexuality can take a long time, and everyone has different experiences
Turned out "compulsory heterosexuality" is just a concept by some writer\poet, nothing more. And being attracted to both sexes is just being bisexual.

Users who are viewing this thread