Shimanami Tasogare - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Contributor
I'm going to miss this manga so much..... I know it was all culminating up to the wedding but I didn't expect it to end within one chapter )': thought there'd at least be a full chapter epilogue.

It ended sooner then I expected but it's nice and slightly bittersweet. I'm really going to miss this manga...
And please for the love of god, give me a NA release! I'd buy it in a heartbeat :'(

That ending was way too abrupt... but, I'm happy the girls got to have their wedding and Tchaiko got to have a proper goodbye at least!
Thank you, Hachimitsu Scans!
+1 for an epilogue and NA release

Such a sudden ending! ? but still it was very well done, that scene at the hospital was beautiful

Dex-chan lover
what a nice manga. i loved that they included a really old couple. even though it was only 23 chapters, this manga managed to do a lot of things without the feeling of being rushed. i thought the ending was great, it left an open end but also managed to conclude several things

Dex-chan lover
Some things resolved in a way that felt too easy, and some things I wish had gotten more time... but despite that it still felt very solid. Lots of relatable moments.

I guess it's nice for a fantasy world to have some problems solved more easily than they will be in real life, and though some characters didn't get as much show time as I'd wanted, it was short and sweet.

Definitely a good read.

finally got around to reading this. I felt like this could have gone on for another volume though. the ending felt abrupt and complete at the same time? The girls got the most closure with their wedding, and it was obvious the partner was going to die in the hospital, but other aspects of the story felt unresolved. This manga has been licensed, but the official licensed volume 4 is still only 23 chapters. No extra chapters. :/

Maybe because I read so much other BL manga, I expected that Tsubaki and Tasuku would end up together? It's more realistic I guess that someone like Tsubaki would need more time to come to terms with his own sexuality before committing to a romantic relationship, but for the sake of the manga, I wish things weren't left so open ended between them. I guess I also wanted to see them be happy together romantically, but oh well.

And while I though Anonymous's character was interesting and it was nice to see some asexual rep in a manga, the way she was constantly portrayed as this almost supernatural being was kinda odd? I identify as asexual, but we aren't these mythical mysterious creatures lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread