Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Majime-chan's House

Fed-Kun's army
@HauntedPizza

Yes, Flan Wants to Die is a great oneshot and it perfectly captures tkmz's vibes or, as I like to call it, tsukumizity. It shows that our live may be pointless and/or full of suffering, but we must go on no matter what.

Oh crap, I just realized what the mushrooms growing on her head symbolize. She's very nhilistic, and mushrooms only grow on dead stuff. So it's saying she's dead inside. Egg on your face is very obvious, but the mushrooms had me puzzled for a bit

Dex-chan lover
@HauntedPizza

Surrealism and depression would be an unusual mix. A string of studies have indicated that depressives are unusually realistic people. (And, of course, some therapists have suggested, apparently without realizing what they are doing, that depressives be taught how to be less realistic.)

Dex-chan lover
@Nikosgarofola

Showing mushrooms growing on the heads of depressives or shut-ins is quite common in manga, with varying degrees as to how literal the presence of those mushrooms is taken to be.

Double-page supporter
I don't remember Shimeji's love of aquatic animals coming up before. Maybe it's just been awhile. Either way though, I'm not sure if it's suicidal, an obsession with death, or what, but Tkmiz's statement "fish are a metaphor for death" plays with that love interestingly.

Fed-Kun's army
Holy guacamole!
Is the oneshot/pre-serialization actually related to the serialized Shimeji Simulation? If so, things are about to get pretty interesting then :D

Users who are viewing this thread