Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Earth Donut

Well, we got some wierd art, existencial questions, majime's panties, and a meeting with god(?), so I'd this was a good chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Something very funny about Mushroom and Egg splashing each other having a fun time while the teacher has a very serious breakthrough.

Fed-Kun's army
I want explanations, but it's Tkmiz, so probably gonna get none, and I'm okay with that

Aggregator gang
huh. so this is the kinda crazy editors are forced to deal with.

Dex-chan lover
This seems like a pretty interesting chapter for this comment section. The reactions are just so different...

In my case I was on the verge of tears. And I don't really understand why... Maybe I relate to the teacher a little too much.

"Having enough time to regret"

That is indeed deep.

Might be my favorite chapter so far. I really loved the scene in the beach with whatever that girl is.

So... is this an analogy for the battle to come to terms with one's sexual identity? I mean, holes, all girls, wanting to smooch your friend, a confession. Being wierd and feeling seperated from your peers. People uniting over an obssession with holes. While the most regular members pretend to not have an obssession with holes. Building of a machine to dig holes, with a worry about its battery life.
It really all seems like a sexual analogy.

Dex-chan lover
I mean I'm not gonna pretend to understand all the symbolism or tkmzisms, but it seems like a pretty simple message on the surface.

Teacher supressed her desires and tendencies, which led to a deep depression and compulsion being brought out in the form of holes.

Message is to me is when you try to surpress who you are it will only make things worse. A very be yourself vibe.

Thats why I love stuff like this, surrealist scenes with multiple ways you can interpret them.

Aggregator gang
y'know, the hole digging club could be a metaphor for the hole left in her heart by restraining her self from doing what she loves. she dug bigger and bigger holes, until she (and the others) eventually made a machine to bore a hole through earth. this could mean that the hole left in her heart has become so big, and that's why in this chapter she attempted to commit suicide by falling through the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread