Shimeji Simulation - Vol. 5 Ch. 47 - Sleep

Dex-chan lover
The recent events in this manga remind me of the End of Eva where everyone's AT Field is broken and people end up dissolving. In essence everyone's individuality was destroyed which allowed someone to fully unite with other people at the cost of their own selves.

But even if we can't fully unite with people, and even if they can hurt us, it's still meaningful to reach out to people. And this is why, after recognising herself, Shimeji chooses to set out on a journey to find "Her", someone other-than-herself.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of posterior collapse in encoders. A cluster of stars look close together as a 2D night sky, but Shimeji's sister's really embedded the characters light-years apart to keep them distinct from each other.

Dex-chan lover
I used to take very high doses of sertraline for treatment-resistant chronic depression (I'm fine now, thank you), and would often confuse dreams and reality. Sometimes in mundane things, like I'd think the microwave had something in it, or I'd forget the time of day. Other times I'd think I was injured, or someone had died or was dying. It was honestly the most awful period of my life, mentally, and very nearly pushed me into a psychotic episode. This chapter gave me a very primal sense of anxiety recalling that period of my life.

Dex-chan lover
wjas5v.jpeg

The page that broke me...

KZO

Dex-chan lover
So in a thousand years Shimeji was depressed while her egg made a religion.

That slug is definititely a bocchinoko reference. TKMZ loves referencing current stuff in shimeji chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread