Shin Angyo Onshi

Double-page supporter
This is so good up until the Hwandalbindang arc, and then it just plunges straight into the depths of shit. What a shame. The battle against Kaidaten is still good, of course. Still deserves a high rating for its strong parts.

This was really good until the
Munsu's mandrake dream.
Flashbacks. They broke the flow and all i wanted was for him to wake the fuck up and continue the story. But that ending... That ending was something... Definitely worth a read.

Banned
This is such a gem of a story that not enough have read. I remember first time I came upon it years ago. Rereading it every now and then is great.

Favorite manga of all time. The consistency of quality and pacing in this manga is handled really well, with great characters and amazing action to boot. Too good to be true.

Group Leader
Title -> Shin Angyo Onshi (Japanese pronunciation)
Country of Origin -> Korea
🤪🤪🤪

I'm pretty sure this is owned and first published by Japanese publisher but the publication in Korea happens almost concurrently. Considering that, despite the author's country of origin, I think this should be a Japanese work. Otherwise No Game No Life will be a Brazilian work.

Aggregator gang
are the chapters showing under 'Missing' actually missing? or is the series currently complete here on MD?

wondering if they are showing as 'Missing' just due to weird naming of the chapters by volume...

@elbs Not actually missing, its just due to the numbering that the "whole" numbers are "missing" but you're not missing out on any actual chapters.

@DanTheMan6383 how is this manga , also I see there is an anime. Do you know anything about it ?
Lastly you know about the remake of this at naver. How is that ?

@Xandarcage 1.) This manga is my favorite manga of all time (even above Jojo Part 7). You can see my past comment on it above but yeah, its amazing. I just recommended to one of my picky friends and she really enjoys it so far. 2.) There is an anime, but its really bad. Bad pacing and not a good adaptation. Not worth your time at all. 3.) The remake is ok, but not on par with the manga. The pacing is a bit off and the dark, fantasy feel of this manga is not captured well in the webtoon. Plus, the webtoon is part of a multiverse so it complicates things.

Dex-chan lover
This is apparently god-like, but I don't get that feeling.

Just killing some characters in front of mc to make me feel something (Sadness ? Anger ?) and giving shocked faces to mc during fights to make the moment thrilling isn't going to be enough for me, however well the rest of the intrigue is crafted and going.
Considering they're just feeding villains to mc after that, it doesn't make this story impressive after all.

Having understood that this narrative is from a classical korean short novel that this author adapted with his own twists and turns, I'm not surprised. Adapting to manga + rewriting on top of that is just allowing in such a huge number of possible errors.

That didn't cut it for me.
If we're on the same page, don't even bother trying the manhwa, it's even worse imo.

Last edited:
The power scale is sometimes somewhat questionable. Kinda drives home the fact that the villain got killed for his arrogance if that's the author's intention.

I read this thing for the first time when I was in middle school iirc. Traumatized me especially for what happened to certain characters. Then the authors just casually have comical strips at the end of the book. Reread sure is a way to relive youthful memories lol.

Might be in my top 10 mangas of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread