Shin no Jitsuryoku wa Girigiri Made Kakushite Iyou to Omou - Ch. 31 - What I've Gained (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
From what i can remember, people view his contract with athena only give him spear technique and the rest is his innate ability because of his lineage.

but. . . . he is contacted to athena right? can 1 god do multiple contract? that is i don't remember reading.
Gods can make pacts with as many people as they want and it's tied to how powerful they are, basically. That's why Athena was so mocked, because she had no contracts until Yuno (as a "stray god"). It's just that people themselves can only make a contract with one god (except for rare cases, like Yuno who's contracted to Athena + Zeus).

And yeah, he got spear techs from Athena, but his actual power comes from combining it with Zeus's strength, so nobody's gonna be as good at spears as he is from just contracting Athena. But I guess maybe he was holding back his Zeus strength during duels so the difference won't be as noticeable as I think / it won't be a problem.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't he also in contract with the Fenrir from the forest? Since he got shapeshifting abilities from it.
That rings a bell (I just assumed thinking back that him transforming into Noah was of his own doing since he has crazy magic anyway, but yeah I think he got that from Fenrir), but I don't know/remember where Fenrir actually exists in the setting next to gods/demons, since a lot of manga also have similar contracts for like, spirits and such. But they're probably the same thing, yeah.

Dex-chan lover
That rings a bell (I just assumed thinking back that him transforming into Noah was of his own doing since he has crazy magic anyway, but yeah I think he got that from Fenrir), but I don't know/remember where Fenrir actually exists in the setting next to gods/demons, since a lot of manga also have similar contracts for like, spirits and such. But they're probably the same thing, yeah.
Found the contract forging page
Yeah, so Fenrir is a Divine Beast, so not the god per se. But hey, people have contracts with literal devils larping as gods (like the Lunas mother) so what is the difference? So yeah, the contract is a contract and you can probably have as many as you want, it all depends if the gods/spirits/devils like you enough to "share" you with others.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, look, a second person in that world has made a contract with an actual god(dess) instead of one of those usurper demons that have claimed the title of gods.

Dex-chan lover
honestly im starting to feel really disinterested in this manga, two months release schedule is pretty bad plus shorter chapter than what you would expect from two months release schedule

and I just dont care about the story and plot anymore, its really unfortunate this was one of the first isekai/fantasy mangas ive ever read
I recommend going back and rereading chapters 20-21, the stuff there gets me excited for the rest of it

Dex-chan lover
And yeah, he got spear techs from Athena, but his actual power comes from combining it with Zeus's strength, so nobody's gonna be as good at spears as he is from just contracting Athena. But I guess maybe he was holding back his Zeus strength during duels so the difference won't be as noticeable as I think / it won't be a problem.

with the upcoming tournament he's going to start showing off a bit.

Lloyd who seems to have a good grasp on Yuno's mindset roughly explain as such:
Yuno was already powerful, but he's lived trying to hide his power and that became the basis of his thoughts.
But now he's found a 'goal' to make him reveal his power.

As for why this tournament? The observers. During this match the 1st years are oblivious to it and just mocking him for staying on defensive, the 2nd year note how well his movement are while the 3rd years seem to have realized how strong Yuno is (or at least the level he's showing them)

But they're misunderstanding the true situation. The one being gauged are THEM.
Lloyd "Just as I said earlier, for whatever reason he need to control his power. Not too weak, but also not too strong"

By the 2nd round people start to, as Yuno wanted, wonder if his strength is from the contract.

Dex-chan lover
That's good and all but I may forget about it all by that time, if it's going to be like this..

Users who are viewing this thread