Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Ch. 68

Dex-chan lover
That’s a pretty cool way to catch/stop a sword and disarm the opponent.

Of course plot armor is needed, but it’s quite high in style points and vibes, so all is good.
Depends on the forging, I guess.
Maybe the short sword had a hardened spine to help it with thrusting attacks.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone else feel “Onii-Chan” is becoming as awkward to hear as “Daddy”?

It sadly takes me out of the story every time I see it. I kinda wish we moved onto Brother.
If you don't like "Onii-chan", then the correct translation in English would be for Ruti to call him Red, not brother. Because no one calls their brother "Brother" in English, it would sound even worse.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but wonder how warm the sword got when it was sliced like that. A considerable amount of energy would have been expended to achieve that cut.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't like "Onii-chan", then the correct translation in English would be for Ruti to call him Red, not brother. Because no one calls their brother "Brother" in English, it would sound even worse.
Really? I guess I have way more affinity for calling my brother a brother. Weird, maybe it’s because I’m older and don’t use social media but I don’t know what’s weird about it and I guess I’m too old to know

Contributor
So this is supposedly the person that left the hero's party because he wasn't able to keep up with them? He couldn't keep up with them but just fought against one of the strongest from the enemy side, and is now keeping up with the hero, the strongest being alive. Okay...

Dex-chan lover
So this is supposedly the person that left the hero's party because he wasn't able to keep up with them? He couldn't keep up with them but just fought against one of the strongest from the enemy side, and is now keeping up with the hero, the strongest being alive. Okay...
Well, he's used to fighting defensively against stronger foes I guess. It took all he had (and 2 swords) to disarm both himself and his sister.

If she didn't wake up right then and there, he would be in for a world of hurt. Even unarmed, she still has haxed strength and regen.

Dex-chan lover
NGL I enjoy most of the setting, but aspects of the plot are so broken that it requires plot armor to function. The authors brain truely left the chat when they wrote the ability system.
I wouldn't say it's all due to plot armor, none of them are exactly weak, but it's true too many things happen in their favor.
This system has been going for a long time, so it always makes me wonder if it's because in the long run they'll destroy it or something.
Maybe it's even god wiggling things around to help them.
You know, in-universe plot armor lol
Compared to the others he is weak, what he did was entirely a gamble based on the assumption removing the sword would stop the fight, if it didn't work everyone would be dead.
He's skilled enough to delay her for a few minutes but otherwise could never win, she's basically a walking nuke.

Contributor
I wouldn't say it's all due to plot armor, none of them are exactly weak, but it's true too many things happen in their favor.
This system has been going for a long time, so it always makes me wonder if it's because in the long run they'll destroy it or something.
Maybe it's even god wiggling things around to help them.
You know, in-universe plot armor lol

Compared to the others he is weak, what he did was entirely a gamble based on the assumption removing the sword would stop the fight, if it didn't work everyone would be dead.
He's skilled enough to delay her for a few minutes but otherwise could never win, she's basically a walking nuke.
Well, he's used to fighting defensively against stronger foes I guess. It took all he had (and 2 swords) to disarm both himself and his sister.

If she didn't wake up right then and there, he would be in for a world of hurt. Even unarmed, she still has haxed strength and regen.
You forgot the fact that no one in the hero party would be able to even get to that point.

Dex-chan lover
You forgot the fact that no one in the hero party would be able to even get to that point.
Maybe she was fighting from the inside, that's a pretty common thing in anime, maybe he was literally the only one who had any chance at all of stopping her because a little part of her held back due to her love for him.

Users who are viewing this thread