Shingan no Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Aggregator gang
@GodGinrai

It's actually a recent development (last 100 years or so) that people stopped urinating in gutters as standard practice.
Just like they would empty their chamber pots out the windows onto the streets below; if they were nice about it they'd yell out a warning so that people would get out of the way.
It's only since the modern understanding of the relationship between bodily waste disposal and the spread of disease and thus legislation in regard to bodily wastes as a health concern.
It's still standard practise in less developed countries, where no systems have been established for proper handling of bodily wastes.

So his looking for some privacy reflects his origins.
Truly realistic pseudo-medieval settings would show this occurring as a normal thing, but it's not something that is comfortable for the general readership or the publishers, so it doesn't get shown.

Kind of like how while people did go to bathrooms in TV shows, it was only ~1970 that you actually heard a toilet flush; very famous episode of All in the Family where that first occurred.

"The dream of 180cm height"
*converts to freedom units*
"5.9 feet"
Hahahahahahahahaha, even the asian power fantasy is a manlet

Double-page supporter
Okay ... his woody become LOG now ? lolz ...
also ... Girl fall from sky cliche ?

He whips his log out, professional trained knight girl faints and falls onto him. Yeah... Also, 180cm? I thought average Japanese male was 170+cm? So... not much of an upgrade.

Fed-Kun's army
Omg his serious face when he realizes he needs to pee! ?
I couldn’t stop laughing

Dex-chan lover
@Weasalopes werent aquaducts a thing? To think those barbaric Gaelics really did fuck up the hygiene culture after Rome fell.

Aggregator gang
@boag
Aqueducts were used to bring water to the cities, but didn't tie into waste disposal at all.
So, while aqueducts did have an impact in re contamination of the drinking water, there are a lot of other health hazards from human waste that they had no impact upon at all.
Maintenance of the aqueducts after the fall of the Roman Empire became very haphazard as a result of the negative impact upon educational levels; the number of individuals with the requisite knowledge to direct the work dropped, and there was also the disruption of government resulting in no one entity being responsible for the entirety of each aqueduct.

Dex-chan lover
@Weasalopes
I was sure that Aqueducst were also used as a primitive sewage system, buts its been too long since ive read any history books, so i might be misremembering.

Users who are viewing this thread