Shingan no Yuusha - Vol. 8 Ch. 38.3

Dex-chan lover
Alright so like... why not TL any of the missing chs? We go from the first ch of vol 7 (31) straight to two uncategorized ch 36 parts, one of which you produced, and now skipping again straight to two vol 8 ch 38 parts. But not just any parts! We're going to skip part 1 and only put out parts 2 and 3! Where in the nine hells is the logic here??

I was so fucking excited to see this in my updates feed again, but whats the fucking point if youre going to skip around like Mary Poppins - "never need a reason, never need a rhyme"?! Commission work is one thing. But most groups have 2 braincells to rub together enough to think to some sort of notice at the beginning or end of a ch that they were specifically commissioned for if its going to be skipping other chs. But not you! Youve done this not once but twice, with just this series alone!

Is there really no step along the way where literally anyone bothered to think "hey maybe we should TL the missing ch before we pump out more shit, only to disappear for another 2 years..."?!

Group Leader
Alright so like... why not TL any of the missing chs? We go from the first ch of vol 7 (31) straight to two uncategorized ch 36 parts, one of which you produced, and now skipping again straight to two vol 8 ch 38 parts. But not just any parts! We're going to skip part 1 and only put out parts 2 and 3! Where in the nine hells is the logic here??

I was so fucking excited to see this in my updates feed again, but whats the fucking point if youre going to skip around like Mary Poppins - "never need a reason, never need a rhyme"?! Commission work is one thing. But most groups have 2 braincells to rub together enough to think to some sort of notice at the beginning or end of a ch that they were specifically commissioned for if its going to be skipping other chs. But not you! Youve done this not once but twice, with just this series alone!

Is there really no step along the way where literally anyone bothered to think "hey maybe we should TL the missing ch before we pump out more shit, only to disappear for another 2 years..."?!
The chapters do exist, but you have to go to another site, ended up having to do a google search. Ended up finding the chapters on mangakakalot.

Dex-chan lover
The chapters do exist, but you have to go to another site, ended up having to do a google search. Ended up finding the chapters on mangakakalot.
As much as I don't hate mangakalot, the site fucking sucks cause ya gotta have like 5 different adblockers to actually get past all the fucking spam and spyware

Dex-chan lover
I read those when trap scans site was still alive, can't remember anything tho and it seems to continue from last known chapter (part)

Dex-chan lover

I find it unfortunate that people seem to agree with this. I'm not sure if you all are ignorant or lazy, but slayerscans did translate the next untranslated chapter. The previous group did not post their most recent chapters on mangadex. It is not the current groups responsibility to retranslate them, nor should they be expected to find them for you.

Dex-chan lover
I find it unfortunate that people seem to agree with this. I'm not sure if you all are ignorant or lazy, but slayerscans did translate the next untranslated chapter. The previous group did not post their most recent chapters on mangadex. It is not the current groups responsibility to retranslate them, nor should they be expected to find them for you.
Not everyone uses multiple sites to keep track of manga. It wouldn't have hurt to put a blurb at the beginning saying the other chapters/chapter parts are available on other sites and would have certainly avoided getting flak.

Dex-chan lover
Not everyone uses multiple sites to keep track of manga. It wouldn't have hurt to put a blurb at the beginning saying the other chapters/chapter parts are available on other sites and would have certainly avoided getting flak.
This is very reasonable. I didn't mean to say that people couldn't be confused by the missing chapters. The points I was trying to get across were: translation groups don't owe us anything, and people should try to figure things out on their own rather than start insulting people when they don't understand something.

Dex-chan lover
This is very reasonable. I didn't mean to say that people couldn't be confused by the missing chapters. The points I was trying to get across were: translation groups don't owe us anything, and people should try to figure things out on their own rather than start insulting people when they don't understand something.
While I agree translation groups don't owe us anything, an explanation of why they skipped certain chapters is certainly a reasonable expectation as a courtesy to the readers. Especially when even Mangaupdates doesn't show where to find other chapters.

If your goal as a translator group is to make money off readers, then all the badmouthing doesn't matter because you don't care as long as someone donates. However, if your goal is to help others enjoy mangas you enjoy, then you absolutely should explain when things aren't done the conventional way. You would avoid the antagonism that would head your way and help people enjoy what you're trying to share better.

Users who are viewing this thread