Shingeki no Eroko-san ~Hen na Oneesan wa Danshikousei to Nakayoku Naritai~ - Vol. 8 Ch. 50 - The first step forward with the neighbor! Online activit…

I was really trying to be understanding about this arc - to go "well, okay, its true that just because you're not ever going to have a romantic relationship that you probably don't want to come across as hating a girl you crush/crushed on. There is validity to wanting to clear the air and be friends officially." In that vein, I was even willing to throw his sister a bone "she knows her brother, and also knows he has 0% chance. She might think that this framing is the only way he'll work his brain out of knots and manage to be honest, and she is extremely confident this will work out for the best."

But then any kind of hand I could extend is just slapped away. The author awkwardly makes the vibes of all these panels explicitly romantic and feeds into it with the dialogue, making several characters act out of character just to support this weird fake romance. Then it just ends in lip service to "just being friends" in a way that falls flat because of the entire chapter's energy. I just don't understand why this version of this arc was able to get past an editor as-is.

Dex-chan lover
Well done, he's learned how to talk to his neighbour. Now their interactions at the door won't be awkward with Eruko fearing she's hated. Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
csxrGi7.png

damn he gottem... well at least he can talk to her without looking like he hates her or something now? maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread