Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - The Day A Strategist Was Born.

Dex-chan lover
@Aronida
Depends on how accurate they are. The special force isn't close enough to hit with their long bows, so there is a bit of distance. plus, they likely are not using too many shots so that they can save on ammo and are just using it as a show of force.

Dex-chan lover
When foes realize Ms. Olivia has entered the fort via secret passage, it will have been too late.
Because then there will be none.

Dex-chan lover
I really like Claudia's character growth. She was first presented as an arrogance character who was sure of herself and capability. She looked down on the MCs and other people at first because she was from an Elite position. But after seeing how capable her leader and the others were, she was willing to listen and learn from them. It's really nice to see.

Please just kill off that knight.
I don't want stereotypical ally knights in this edge-clad manga.

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought this was a land version of that 'arrow-catching ship' trick Zhuge Liang did repurposed to trick the enemy archers into depleting their arrows, but a sneak attack using an old escape route is great too.

Dex-chan lover
Well it certainly helps when your army have a OP hero unit and the enemy have none.
You just have to think how to throw that unit in the midst of enemy.

Do they not have an assassin unit? Everything would some much easier if they did.

Dex-chan lover
@Kefrayba I wouldn't say Claudia was looking down on Olivia. She had actually heard of her previous deeds. Maybe she wasn't satisfied with Olivia's lack of manners, but rather than looking down on Olivia, I'd say she was just angry she was assigned to serve under a person she considered herself to be incompatible with. She probably felt like her role was to be a chaperone, of a sort, not a military sub-commander. In other words, she would have felt like she wasn't given the assignment because of her military skills but for entirely different reasons that had nothing to do with her ambitions.

So, I never judged her as harshly as you did. Neverthless, I'm just as glad she adapted quickly and noticed that even if Olivia is weird and highly unconvential, she's not unreasonable and serving under her will actually give Claudia plenty of opportunities to gain glory as an officer. Seeing how comfortable Claudia now looks like, she also had the intelligence to notice in a real war, practicality trumps ceremonial decorum every single time. The mustard scene really shows her change of disposition. Although once they are back at the fort/barracks, she might revert to her old self a little bit.

Aggregator gang
Now *this* is getting kinda dumb. Not the actual plan of attack they come up with, mind you, that's actually sensible use of Olivia's one-woman army capabilities; but rather the whole larger plan that sends them to the fortress in the first place.

Because at those numbers the garrison isn't going to even let the small vanguard force start laying siege in the first place, they'll just come out to fight and try to wipe it out before the main force comes up. Defeat in detail etc. IRL even "masking" detachements whose only job was to sit tight and keep garrisons bottled up behind their walls were for obvious reasons scaled to be too strong to risk serious sallies against. The whole *point* of fortresses is to act as force multipliers that enable the defenders to hold off superior forces for extended periods, after all; a superior force itself has little need to hide behind walls against an inferior one.

Moreover there's no point in sending a small advance force to test the fortifications in the first place - you do probing attacks as part of the actual siege proper to look for weak points and try to pressure the defenders into surrendering on terms. The role of such a vanguard "flying column" would be to take control of the surrounding countryside and cut communications which obviously demands sufficient mobility and strength to not get chased off by the garrison. Practically meaning cavalry, mostly of the cheap and light kind that can readily patrol large areas and evade heavier forces as necessary stiffened with enough proper heavy horse to discourage mounted sallies.

Leaving aside the ridiculously lopsided forces, the conduct of their distraction operation makes little sense. Height advantage means the defenders can simply shoot further even with the same grade of handheld ranged weaponry to speak nothing of mural artillery which handily outranges such even at level, and running back and forth like that would just put arrows in the soldiers' backs instead (not to mention tire them out and more likely than not do bad things to their morale). It's completely unnecessary too; all they'd have to do is start making visible preparations for an escalade which pretty much automatically compels the defenders to stand on alert, and does wonders to attract attention and most forces to the threatened section of the walls, no need to enter effective firing range in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
@RNDM1 I don't think anyone is claiming its a good idea; Olivia's orders were to only be the vanguard after all. But since it's Olivia, she decided fuck it, let's just capture it ourselves. She doesn't have much room in her brain for such logic; its full of cake instead.

Aggregator gang
@skilodracus Ahem. They were literally given explicit orders to, essentially, waste men on an operation that serves - and CANNOT serve - no practical military purpose whatsoever.

Uhh.. whats is the romance about this to have a romance tag?
4ea.jpg

@Courora I've until the end of the volume of the LN this mange is based on (and just a little bit further ahead from this point in the story ) and there's literally not even a hint of romance so dunno what the tag is doing there

Users who are viewing this thread