Shinju no Nectar - Ch. 44 - The Mask Drops

Dex-chan lover
Let's face it: this is page by page is exactly what we expected and/or anticipating. At least I did.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous At least the four eyes that shot her ought to be a enemy through and through, with no redeeming values and sudden redemptions before the end. But yeah, it's a pity the arc and character development had to be made cheaper by this kind of cliche plot. Although from another point of view, what we do know of Celes and how we have seen her before, she did kind of seem like a person who was being used, not the one in charge ultimately. In the first place, the scale was so big that people so young probably couldn't pull it off on their own. So, no matter what, she was either being used as a tool against her will or she had been tricked to play the role, supposedly for some greater purpose she could believe in (even though in reality it probably wouldn't exist).

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Yeah, it's just annoying that we had a character with some buildup to be the villain and then Mr. Disposable just comes along, ugh...

We all know it is the doctor who is the real mastermind of all this. Also we all know that next chp will be where we suck a new pair of t*ties

Dex-chan lover
As much as I've been embittered by modern women, I can't completely dismiss Celestia's reveal as a deus ex machina: she already alluded to what she was doing--to Richard himself--when they met in private, in chapter 34. She declared herself "not appropriate" for him, separating her hands from his. This is the only foreshadowing I've seen pointing to this development, and the last that could have been done before the development would have been given away--or at least too easy to predict.

On the other hand, it's for that reason (now that I think of it) that I can't completely trust Richard: that same scene made it seem as if he was privy to what she was doing; indeed, he said that he would "protect" her. Protect her from what? Then again, this could have been a red herring, with his having the guest lecture canceled done only to impede Grey's investigation...but that doesn't explain what Richard intended to "protect" Celestia from.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Gotta love politics, unnecessarily complicates and makes a mess of everything. It's nice that Celestia wanted to help Richard and wasn't the head honcho, but should've said something to Grey a hell of a lot sooner rather than this crazy plan to help Richard. If he had stabbed her that psychopathic, selfish glasses guy likely would've gunned him down so his achievement would be award posthumously. Would like her to live so can be with Richard and walk along his path for atonement as well. Granted as she said she did a lot of bad things but she was a victim of Dhala's warped conspiracies as well so should be tried and judged rather then let die. That and the anti-Queen faction would use her death as an excuse to close the case to avoid any investigations from learning of their involvements or anything they're trying to hide.

Personally I bet that doctor is the leader known as Hecate and has been using Celestia as a figurehead. Someone knew or learned enough about the fortress' legacies to know how to use and activate them so while Celestia wouldn't have enough time or cognitive facilities to have done it between her work as Student Council President, running the parties, and getting smashed on Mermaid's Blood herself (which she mentions weakens the mind,) while the doctor knew the location and how to activate the legacy for safe room she 'hid' the princesses in, had free time to investigate and learn about the legacies, and wasn't addicted to Mermaid's Blood despite holding a great position to cover up or discover students taking it along with being an ideal distributor once turned. Also, at the beginning it was mentioned that some students had been taking it thinking it was a safe drug. Students wouldn't trust Celestia offering the drugs to them, but would as prescriptions from the doctor who would have ways of smuggling the drug in with real medicine. Besides, what competent doctor wouldn't notice or mention students showing abnormalities such as increased blood rate, dilating of pupils, gaps in memory, sudden increases in performance, and other signs? Mainly she's too composed and rational as a school doctor who should have no battle experience and hasn't mentioned any feelings of guilt or responsibility for not noticing a student under her care was taking drugs before dying much less any action to ensure others weren't as well but was acting like everything was normal. As Dr. House said, if someone doesn't react to an obvious issue it's because they're trying to avoid attracting attention to themselves, (for him it was his patient's wife not saying anything about patient being orange because she was hiding fact was having an affair.)

This is such a bad arc and drags on for so long pointlessly, bunch of unnecessary filler conversations and minor plot points. Celes is such a badly written character. Her cliched “I’m actually doing it for you, and has good intentions all along” last minute reveal is too unbelievable and un-redeemable compared to her action, which killed multiple people and fucked up half the school’s mind and body.

However disappointing this arc currently may be, I still hope the end pays off and be satisfying.

Also, fuck ntr.

@banana029 i'll tell you how it will end. Kai gets tit power, fights off bad guys. That's it, and in the next arc they will probably go in search of a new pair of tits. They even said it as a joke in some chapter "i'm relieved this isn't a mission to find a new pair of tit's for kai" (smth like that) and well. that's what this manga is about, not military, not isekai, not action or romance, it's the new genre "Searching new tits every arc". I must say i still enjoyed all the other arcs till this one, but i can't with ntr shit.

Dex-chan lover
Only thing good of this arc was Celes getting shot.

Fuck NTR my dudes

Wow, isn’t everything in this chapter the most predictable shit ever? And I wasn’t even paying attention. Of course she’s not evil, of course he forgives her, of course there is an incel, of course she gets shot, of course MC also get shot. Of course. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread