Shinkaigyo no Anko-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - That's Right, Let's Go to Numazu!

Power Uploader
This is the first chapter I've read of the series, so I've definitely missed something, but them eating fish versions of themselves seems... weird.

Contributor
Thank you for reading our first release! This is the translator and QC assistant speaking.
Let me explain something about our translation vis-a-vis the previous chapters: the other groups referred to Anko as an anglerfish, while the new chapter calls her a footballfish. The former, while not entirely incorrect, is just the name of her fish order, while her species is Atlantic footballfish (chouchin-ankou, lit. "lantern anglerfish"). Since this manga is a big love letter to ichthyology enthusiasts, I thought it would be a disservice to discard accuracy in favour of familiarity. I hope whoever reads this for the first time will come to develop the same love for fish, both from the sea and rivers!

Contributor
@Reversinator It's actually happened once before, and the answer is they don't ultimately treat mermaids and fish as the same species. Some characters do find it odd, but others don't really mind.

Contributor
Yo it's the first release of MangadexScans mmm...~!
Thanks a lot, keep up the good work mmm...~!

Thanks mangadex! Never would have guessed you'd pick Anko-san, but good choice!

Users who are viewing this thread