Shinsetsu Ookami to Koushinryou: Ookami to Youhishi - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Am i dreaming? Someone slap me (virtually).

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Miyuri is going to catch bugs with her mouth for how often she has it open in most pages.
I'm guessing the overall conflict will be getting the text Col wants to translate and the conflict right now will be getting some money out of the church to give to the city

Dex-chan lover
On the other end of the spectrum, most modern national banks print money like nobody's business. It's good for trade, but it also devalues the money itself, and contributes to inflation. Mostly, large corporations see the benefit a lot more than the average Joe.

Group Leader
translation of bible > 95 theses > excommunication > reformation > wars of religion and 30 years war

Aggregator gang
Reformation: the manga.

@tlst9999 Most don't, because their central banks understand economy, but some do yes. These are usually the ones led by some dictators who fancy themselves experts in economy. And the printing is usually an attempt to remedy economic woes their own "expertise" has created. This of course leads to hyperinflation, examples of which are just a google away (the freshest hyperinflation example, I recall, is Venezuela.)

Aggregator gang
The Templars became powerful by essentially forming what could be considered to be one of the world's first international banks. Unfortunately that also led to their downfall when they ended up with too many powerful people owing them money who found it easier to just wipe them out and take all their gold rather than honoring their agreements. Similar to how a monarch indebted to Jewish moneylenders would expel all Jews from their country when those debts became too inconvenient.

Aggregator gang
Quick aside, a modest amount of inflation is generally beneficial for economies and despite the expansion on various central bank balance sheets in advanced nations the overall economic climate has more been skirting deflation rather than inflation. Most people don't really experience that since due to stagnant wages even the marginal amount of inflation is enough to erode spending power and living standards of the median wage earner.

Dex-chan lover
@InfiniteVerisimilitude It must be noted that Edward I expelled the jews because they practiced usury, which is immoral and very detrimental to any nation. Not a lot of people remember that detail.

Dex-chan lover
@Oured "Usury", at the time, indicated any form of lending at an interest, ANY interest, which the Christians were forbidden to do.
In that period, Edward was heavily indebted, due to the protracted campaign for the conquest of Wales and his effort to organise a crusade; to collect money, he imposed heavy taxation, and added the Jews expulsion to sweeten the deal to the lords. Also, all their properties were seized by the crown and all outstanding debts payable to Jews were transferred to the King's name.

These, and many other "details" you seem to have forgotten, are conveniently collected in this Wikipedia page

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Expulsion

Users who are viewing this thread