Shinya Shokudou

Dex-chan lover
Wow, this manga is just so pure, i don't know what to say
The unique (not sure if it's bad or really resembling traditional Japanese art style) art really mesh well with the overall plot - It's like you can only enjoy Black Jack with it Old style from decades ago

Contributor
Coincidentally found this on another user's list, was partial to [Cooking] tag, and damn, is it growing on me.

Dex-chan lover
Oh I watched a couple episodes of the Chinese TV adaptation! It wasn't stellar, but that's how it is for all adaptations. Time to see how the manga is.

This is a gem of a manga. You don't think much of the premise, but then it hooks you. Would give my kidney to get more consistent releases, or even a proper englihs release. The Korean and the Japanese dramas were stellar.

I think the greatest thing about this manga is how down to earth it is. Everyone's just chillin and is chill. It's also pretty rare in japanese media to see strippers, prostitutes, and single moms not be seen as evil or pitiable. So that was nice. Really easy going read.

Comfy + restaurant/diner theme + simple Japanese food = great manga. There's a live action too so check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread