Shirayuri wa Ake ni Somaranai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - First Flight

Dex-chan lover
Kinda expect the content match the cover artstyle but I guess I am wrong.

Double-page supporter
wait wait wait, can people really have a luxury to fly plane just like that back then?

Banned
Pretty solid

If they go into the depth of world war 2 planes then I'm in

Wow the cover art is so pretty!

... aaaand someone gets torn in half with their insides on full display.

Dex-chan lover
@mrmm well, you can do what you want with your own plane right? A lot of people own crop duster even now

Group Leader
The beginning is a bit too idealistic for my tastes but I guess I'll wait to see how it'll turn out.

Dex-chan lover
Ah of course. Soviet WW2: Ukrainian, Baltic, Cossacks, Finnish, we want independence, oppressive etc...
Germany: Comrade ship, for the fatherland! Glorious soldiers fighting a losing war.
No mention of Prussian militaristic elitism vs the rest of Germany like Bavaria, allied armies, collaborators.
Germany actually won the war, unless the western allies are included.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@ThreeTimesFaster
page 8 mistranslation: '1 month ago' should be '1 year ago'

I had to check the numbers later because I was confused by the timeline.

@mrmm

Crop dusters were a thing since powered flight became popular. Without the kind of safety boards that we have today, and with simple biplanes being relatively cheap, anyone could be a pilot as long as they had the money and the room to do it.

Group Leader
@LotusLily I said the beginning is lol
1940s from my knowledge weren't the time when you had access to planes, your own decorated room, ability to bring food on a platter and then throw it on the ground without much thought etc. I know I'm being nitpicky here but it just bugs me. I'm not Russian but speaking from my folks' experiences, if they didn't have it like this I really doubt that an average Russian did. But maybe that's on me for thinking these characters are average joes.

Users who are viewing this thread