Shirayuri wa Ake ni Somaranai

Dex-chan lover
@The_King_Of_Inisfail well looking at the wiki page
author might go with the possibility she never died but was captured part of her story though it just might end with her surviving not captured then idk stay and live in the village where she was buried or something.

@DjAlexDubCheck
Funny, if this story were about the German pilots circa WWII would you feel the need to defend the author still? As an extra question, are you aware the Soviet communists killed far more of their own people than the Germans did? Then they spread that poison to China were Mao killed even more people. Tell me, oh wise communist or communist sympathizer, should I take meds or be sent to re-education camp instead? I hope if you are an American you are taught about reality first hand by the communist Antifa rioters.

@Artoch
Thank you for correcting my apparently mistaken preconception. I am actually totally shocked that the author gave an apparently fair shake of the horrors of the time. After reading some they show the absolute trash that the Soviet command were. Truly and utterly surprised.

Dex-chan lover
Why is it called "white lilies"? Is there some yuri here? Or does this mean "pure maidens"?

Dex-chan lover
I liked reading it. I hope the author somehow continues it one day like they say they might on the final page.

It's very annoying that niche things are lucky to last even 30 chapters when some utter trash can somehow last over a hundred...

Dex-chan lover
Why is it called "white lilies"? Is there some yuri here? Or does this mean "pure maidens"?
It's a reference to what the press called Lydia Litvyak.

"Litvyak was called the "White Lily of Stalingrad" in Soviet press releases; the white lily flower may be translated from Russian as Madonna lily. She has also been called the "White Rose of Stalingrad" in Europe and North America since reports of her exploits were first published in English."

Yarnhub made a video about her.

Dex-chan lover
It's a reference to what the press called Lydia Litvyak.

"Litvyak was called the "White Lily of Stalingrad" in Soviet press releases; the white lily flower may be translated from Russian as Madonna lily. She has also been called the "White Rose of Stalingrad" in Europe and North America since reports of her exploits were first published in English."

Yarnhub made a video about her.
I myself live in Russia and for the first time I hear that we focus on the color of the lily, since in Russian culture lilies, like red roses, are usually associated with one color (unless these are French heraldic lilies). But if this is so, thanks for the information, I will know.

Dex-chan lover
I myself live in Russia and for the first time I hear that we focus on the color of the lily, since in Russian culture lilies, like red roses, are usually associated with one color (unless these are French heraldic lilies). But if this is so, thanks for the information, I will know.
You're welcome.

And as the blurb said,maybe they meant the "Madonna" aspect more,and if we go all historical with the 16th century Italian meaning of the word,then she was named after a well respected lilly.

Users who are viewing this thread