Shiretto Sugee Koto Iteru Gal: Shiritsu Paranomaru Koukou no Nichijou - Ch. 7 - Giving valentine's chocolate to everyone kinda deal

Dex-chan lover
Google translate tells me that Quetzalcoatl is pronounced like "ketsu aru koa toru" in Japanese, which helps me understand why when she started a statement with "Setsu aru" she'd finish it with the rest of the word. Suetzalcoatl, where "suetzal" in this case means "makes sense" lol. So now I'm trying to think of a closer equivalent pun lol. Maybe "Tama-gotcha", lol. "Gotcha" instead of "makes sense", and tamagotchi instead of quetzalcoatl.

Contributor
Google translate tells me that Quetzalcoatl is pronounced like "ketsu aru koa toru" in Japanese, which helps me understand why when she started a statement with "Setsu aru" she'd finish it with the rest of the word. Suetzalcoatl, where "suetzal" in this case means "makes sense" lol. So now I'm trying to think of a closer equivalent pun lol. Maybe "Tama-gotcha", lol. "Gotcha" instead of "makes sense", and tamagotchi instead of quetzalcoatl.
Maybe something like "Tezcali-gotcha"? It definitely sounds sillier in English lol

EDIT: On second thought, considering the context of the reply ("They should teach us stuff like this in English, right?"), I don't think Mirai is trying to convey something like "understandable", but more like "that's right". Which means the pun shouldn't be using "gotcha", but instead something like "true" or "for real" instead.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i'm. genuinely flabbergasted that i didn't catch how similar the word is to the rest of the line. the article about this that i lightly skimmed in 30 seconds LIED to me

thanks for leaving a comment about this since i don't think i would have noticed myself otherwise! edited the TL notes to mention this instead. as for the 4kids dubbing i'll leave you to it, i have a natural geographic policy for this kinda stuff. nature is meant to flourish without outside intervention

Dex-chan lover
Maybe something like "Tezcali-gotcha"? It definitely sounds sillier in English lol

EDIT: On second thought, considering the context of the reply ("They should teach us stuff like this in English, right?"), I don't think Mirai is trying to convey something like "understandable", but more like "that's right". Which means the pun shouldn't be using "gotcha", but instead something like "true" or "for real" instead.
if you're wondering, that's a bit of a manipulated translation. the two speech bubbles combined are translated literally (and written) like this:

heeko:
英語ってそういうこと教えてくれる説ない?
eigo tte sou iu koto oshiete kureru setsu nai?
"Wouldn't it make sense for stuff like this to be taught in English [class]?"

mirai:
説あるコアトル
setsu aru koatoru
"That would make sense, coatl"

heeko asks if it wouldn't make sense (setsu nai?), mirai says that it makes sense (setsu aru)
i don't think it's exactly a "true" or "for real" but rather a more sinister, third thing

Supporter
There's something strange about Shouko being large already on page 12, because that kind of implies that that's the default size of the person the power belongs to, instead of making active use of it.

And if I had to guess, it came from Kumi's father, or perhaps another family member.

Dex-chan lover
What the... chrollo lucifer. Hunter X Hunter reference with catch and release ability

Edit: i kinda comment a bit too fast. The author making it obvious with him drawing chrollo

Contributor
What the... chrollo lucifer. Hunter X Hunter reference with catch and release ability

Edit: i kinda comment a bit too fast. The author making it obvious with him drawing chrollo
And the description of it is calling back to Hisoka explaining his Bungee Gum and Texture Surprise

Dex-chan lover
I see. So if a girl gives you Valentine's choco, and you eat it, you also get your friend's black hole. Quite a holesome chapter.

Dex-chan lover
her ability has so many caveats lmfao
If it didn’t she’d basically be “a certain manga’s last boss”. It’d still be pretty broken if she can use the abilities herself though.

Users who are viewing this thread