Shishunki Bitter Change - Vol. 9 Ch. 65.11 - Polaris Comics 10th Anniversary - Extra

Supporter
They changed back at the end to save the other ones life after the accident.
But that's just it, I thought they woke up in their original bodies - but now they're back in the swapped bodies. shrug

I'm happy with either ending, myself. Maybe when they woke up together after their first time, they realized "Oh crap, somehow we swapped again." 😅

Which could lead to interesting shenanigans by Yui... the first time they do it without protection when they decide to start a family and she swaps to Yuuta's body, I bet she refuses to do it again until Yuuta starts his period. Of course, Yuuta doesn't pick up on this. Then once they succeed she refuses to do it again until after the baby is born, and Yuuta whines to Kazuma about it the whole time… but then the same thing happens again the next time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hope to see more random pop-ups from this manga, really missed this manga, and still will.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
It's time for a reread to relive some old memories!

Dex-chan lover
Nice, 3 years late and they are going out, cool!!! The manga ending was a few confusing about who is in that body, now is obvius. F by Kazuma, in the original version was his route, now he is alone

Dex-chan lover
Nice, 3 years late and they are going out, cool!!! The manga ending was a few confusing about who is in that body, now is obvius. F by Kazuma, in the original version was his route, now he is alone
iirc in the original version he only still regularly visits Yui who was still clung onto old memory at the park's tree location. But they are more or less already went separated ways and Yui already had another family with someone else

I love these 3 and their story so so much. It warms my heart to be able to see these guys again after all these years.

Dex-chan lover
Hey sorry I haven’t read this manga in years,
I thought at the end they eventually swapped back
. Can someone refresh my memory because I’m not really looking to reread it.

Tldr
A boy(Yuuta) and a girl(Yui) swap bodies in a accident as kids. Near the end, the girl in Yuutas(boy) body is critically injured. They swap back. Yui desperately prays/wishes to swap again, if it might save Yuuta.

Contextually it is shown they did swap again, and Yuutas body recovers. Yuuta in Yuis body, Yui in Yuutas body. They became a couple, married with kids.

Yuuta(guy in Yui's body) confessed to Yui(girl in Yuuta's body), after giving up on returning to each other's body. That no matter whether they eventually return or not he will make her happy and they can have a life together.

Yui doesn't know what to think and delays response.

Then she arranges to meet Yuuta and give her answer. Yui steps out into the crosswalk.

Truck kun hits Yui (in Yuutas body). They swap back to original bodies and Yuutas(guy) is comatose/at deaths door, while Yui is conscious in her own body.

Kazuma theorizes that the original swap happened because they died when they hit their heads, but survived by swapping bodies. That ultimately for a swap, life and death would be involved.

Yuuta briefly wakes up, and ultimately Yui wishes/prays for Yuuta to live, even if they must swap back to make it happen.

While it's not directly stated, and is further confusing by using the body's name in addressing each other, it is clear they swapped again contextually

Ultimately Yuuta(boy) in Yuis(girl) body and vice versa. They live (mostly)happily ever after.

iirc in the original version he only still regularly visits Yui who was still clung onto old memory at the park's tree location. But they are more or less already went separated ways and Yui already had another family with someone else
No..... you both are wrong about the original version. It ended on a very depressing note.

Much of the story is similar.
I don't think Yuuta confessed to Yui. Or if he did, he was rejected. Yui clearly liked Kazuma though. There was no swap back, even momentarily.

Yui and yuuta live separate lives.

However ultimately Yui(in Yuutas male body) tried to make it work with Kazuma. Things didn't work out, and Yui couldn't handle life as a male anymore, and eventually committed suicide as an adult.

(even in this version with a happy end, you can see Yuis distress over not being in her body, and how it affects her dreams and goals(marriage, kids, etc). Its easy to imagine how things could've taken a turn for the worse if she didn't like yuuta, and he didn't like her(where even if it isn't the way she preferred, she still could have those dreams herself as well as vicariously through Yuuta))

Yuuta(in Yui's female body) ends up marrying Tachibana, the delinquent looking guy and having kid/s.

Yuuta meets with Kazuma at the playground in remembrance of Yui.

Dex-chan lover
Tldr
A boy(Yuuta) and a girl(Yui) swap bodies in a accident as kids. Near the end, the girl in Yuutas(boy) body is critically injured. They swap back. Yui desperately prays/wishes to swap again, if it might save Yuuta.

Contextually it is shown they did swap again, and Yuutas body recovers. Yuuta in Yuis body, Yui in Yuutas body. They became a couple, married with kids.

Yuuta(guy in Yui's body) confessed to Yui(girl in Yuuta's body), after giving up on returning to each other's body. That no matter whether they eventually return or not he will make her happy and they can have a life together.

Yui doesn't know what to think and delays response.

Then she arranges to meet Yuuta and give her answer. Yui steps out into the crosswalk.

Truck kun hits Yui (in Yuutas body). They swap back to original bodies and Yuutas(guy) is comatose/at deaths door, while Yui is conscious in her own body.

Kazuma theorizes that the original swap happened because they died when they hit their heads, but survived by swapping bodies. That ultimately for a swap, life and death would be involved.

Yuuta briefly wakes up, and ultimately Yui wishes/prays for Yuuta to live, even if they must swap back to make it happen.

While it's not directly stated, and is further confusing by using the body's name in addressing each other, it is clear they swapped again contextually

Ultimately Yuuta(boy) in Yuis(girl) body and vice versa. They live (mostly)happily ever after.

No..... you both are wrong about the original version. It ended on a very depressing note.

Much of the story is similar.
I don't think Yuuta confessed to Yui. Or if he did, he was rejected. Yui clearly liked Kazuma though. There was no swap back, even momentarily.

Yui and yuuta live separate lives.

However ultimately Yui(in Yuutas male body) tried to make it work with Kazuma. Things didn't work out, and Yui couldn't handle life as a male anymore, and eventually committed suicide as an adult.

(even in this version with a happy end, you can see Yuis distress over not being in her body, and how it affects her dreams and goals(marriage, kids, etc). Its easy to imagine how things could've taken a turn for the worse if she didn't like yuuta, and he didn't like her(where even if it isn't the way she preferred, she still could have those dreams herself as well as vicariously through Yuuta))

Yuuta(in Yui's female body) ends up marrying Tachibana, the delinquent looking guy and having kid/s.

Yuuta meets with Kazuma at the playground in remembrance of Yui.
not sure if this is the version we are talking about. back then author left it in a more ambigous writing method that can be read with many interpretation. there's no direct telling who actually died in Yuuta's body and why/how. To me the suicide was just one of the more depressing theory and there's no decisive hints to support it.

Anyhow, sometime later the author did wrote an explanation how what he intended to be, along with various settings of the characters. tbh it was more let down than many assumed theories back then lol
-Yuuta was the one that died, in his own body during that car accident.
-Yui and Kazuma went separate ways in life after the incident.
-The person Yui married with is someone she met later on instead of Tachibana.
There was another web ending but that one was more like joke ending where one day Yui suddenly returned to her own body. But Yuuta was instead swapped with Kazuma lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
not sure if this is the version we are talking about. back then author left it in a more ambigous writing method that can be read with many interpretation. there's no direct telling who actually died in Yuuta's body and why/how. To me the suicide was just one of the more depressing theory and there's no decisive hints to support it.

Anyhow, sometime later the author did wrote an explanation how what he intended to be, along with various settings of the characters. tbh it was more let down than many assumed theories back then lol
-Yuuta was the one that died, in his own body during that car accident.
-Yui and Kazuma went separate ways in life after the incident.
-The person Yui married with is someone she met later on instead of Tachibana.
There was another web ending but that one was more like joke ending where one day Yui suddenly returned to her own body. But Yuuta was instead swapped with Kazuma lol.
I stand corrected, I never saw that authors note. I just inferred based on context.

Kids looking similar to Tachibana(which Yuuta kinda was implied to potentially perhaps have some questionable or budding feelings for(perhaps being influenced by living as Yui for so long)). The particular smile and parts of the attitude/language more characteristic of Yuuta.

Complete lack of car accident in depiction, mentions and so on. Yui speaking about liking Kazuma. Kazuma basically being the only one to recognize and treat Yui as a girl. Yui really struggling to live as Yuuta, where Yuuta kinda just grew to accept it.

The list went on. I even somewhere have buried in a hard drive where I downloaded the previous chapters of that version and had even gone through much of the process of ripping the text and translating it.

But it has been many years since then, so I was operating on my memory here(which turns out to have been incorrect).

Anyways, thanks for the correction! I don't like to continue stating things that are incorrect.

Dex-chan lover
I stand corrected, I never saw that authors note. I just inferred based on context.

Kids looking similar to Tachibana(which Yuuta kinda was implied to potentially perhaps have some questionable or budding feelings for(perhaps being influenced by living as Yui for so long)). The particular smile and parts of the attitude/language more characteristic of Yuuta.

Complete lack of car accident in depiction, mentions and so on. Yui speaking about liking Kazuma. Kazuma basically being the only one to recognize and treat Yui as a girl. Yui really struggling to live as Yuuta, where Yuuta kinda just grew to accept it.

The list went on. I even somewhere have buried in a hard drive where I downloaded the previous chapters of that version and had even gone through much of the process of ripping the text and translating it.

But it has been many years since then, so I was operating on my memory here(which turns out to have been incorrect).

Anyways, thanks for the correction! I don't like to continue stating things that are incorrect.
back then it is really an ambiguous ending that skipped ahead from many scenes (jumping straight from confession to that ending) that anyone can interpret with their own reasonings.

To me it was pretty ingenious back then. Which is why as stated previously that I even thought what author had really in mind was more disappointing. at least compared to a few theories i've read lol.

haha... wouldnt it be so bad if i swapped bodies with a girl and was stuck like that...
AHHHHHHHHHH

super fun read! now i dont know what to do in my free time and will contemplate this!

Users who are viewing this thread