Shishunki Renaissance David-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Liberty!!

Dex-chan lover
*cough... Cough... (Clearing throats)
MURICA FUCK YEAH!!!

damn MURICA also, poor us cuz liberty ne-sama only go for old man....well no ara~ ara~ for us then...

Dex-chan lover
Page 5 is a reference to "'Venus Anadyomene"

titian_venus_anadyomene.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
They should probably also note that her name, Marianne, is also the name of the personification of the French Republic(s), who is also portrayed as a goddess of liberty. The depiction of Liberty in the Delacroix painting is among the earlier depictions of Marianne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marianne

EDIT: Anyone have any idea what the inside of Bocca is based off of this time around?

SECOND EDIT: You know, for all they talk about David being a loser and bad at sports, he's freaking ripped.

And again, despite being told he's a loser, he appears to be a fairly close friend of the most popular girl in their class.

COF

Group Leader
We have no clue what the other dimension this time is. There was no note.

Fed-Kun's army
@COF Hey, there are people with at least some familiarity with art on this site, considering the fact that Dunslax noticed a reference that the translators missed

Dex-chan lover
Also the reason why she speaks French is because the Statue of Liberty was gifted by France to the USA, there is even a miniature in Paris (thanks National Treasure!)

Dsq

Aggregator gang
Some voodoo magic made me remember it was Emil Nolde's Mask Still Life III
mask-still-life-iii-1911.jpg!Large.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The goddess of liberty is an immigrant.
Let that sink in. ?
Freedonia fuck yeah!

Dex-chan lover
liberty is french IIRC
how is she an english teacher?

Dex-chan lover
@Dsq damn how did you even figure that out, you are the MVP.

@Fuko She is French, but she lives in murica (well i guess she moved again), and she teaches in japan.

@Doopington my guess is he will be excreted eventually, from the front or the back, either way it wont be pleasant.

Double-page supporter
Liberte is french obviously. I was waiting for that Delacroix painting since the beggining.

Still waiting for Monet.

Users who are viewing this thread