Shitsugyou Kenja no Nariagari ~Kirawareta Sainou wa Sekai Saikyoudeshita~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
I think outer Gods life with them (in Earth) meanwhile that proper Gods isnt, meaning human fear their power, but I dont know how the deal came through though

Double-page supporter
@Salfaro:
The assassin assumes that the MC only stays put in the dungeon because he believes there are extremely strong fighting forces amongst the humans.
But if all human adventurers would fail at the start when facing the dragon zombie she thinks the MC would realize that humanity's fighting power is far lower than what he assumes and might even realize that he himself is already far more powerful than any other human adventurer.
So she fears that the MC will stop defending and go on the offensive by using his full power in order to destroy humanity.
That is the part we see her she invisioning about the MC sending an attack magic to the human country that would cause that kind of huge explosion.

Therefore she tries to prevent the MC from finding out about the weak human fighting power by making the excuse about collecting energy from even "weak" human adventurers that can only clear some "easy difficulty" floors.
The "weak" human adventurers she talks about to the MC would in reality be the top ranking adventurers and fighting power humanity has.

She wants the MC to think those are just some "weak" adventurers in order for him to stay hidden inside the dungeon on defense thinking that some "strong" human adventurers might just be waiting for an opening in the dungeon defenses.
That is her plan as to why she "helps" the MC.

Fed-Kun's army
@QuietSnowy
300px-James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

For comparison, her job is to be an advisor to a kid dictator of North Korea and not letting him know that USA don’t have nukes or countermeasures against them?

I’ve been awake too long

what the hell, now that the stupidly dickheaded hero is out of the way we get an actually compelling plot with believable characters who have sensible motives?
who knew

Double-page supporter
This is so stupid. Some shady characters called themselves 'Proper God' (I really hate this name) asked human to defeat their savior and they just did it without question asked. Why? What good will it bring? This logic is totally messed up and makes zero sense and the author didn't even try to convince me. This is an example of a lazy writing at it finest, IMO.

I know humanities in this story are stupid but I don't believe they are this stupid. If they are stupid enough to worship someone who stole the title of God from their savior without contributing anything themselves, they deserve to be wiped out.

@Kaarme Now THAT'S the problem. You're seeing this in the THIRD person, as someone who SEES ALL. You don't see it from HER perspective.

Here's what she sees: She sees someone who defected to the Demon Lord side who is the WORST person possible that could defect: an OP person who doesn't know they're OP, who looks friendly but is ALSO in it for the money, made a dungeon that can wipe the floor with ANYONE at the entrance nonchalantly. With that much firepower on a childish face, you can't actually get a read on what they're really thinking, especially since he's contracted both an ancient dragon and an outside god as allies as well. As a mercenary, she's thinking about her client and the potential problems that could happen should they turn on her as well. She has every right to be paranoid.
DOES she know he's merciful? He just wooed her over with her weakness after all, after soul reading her.

If you put yourself in her shoes and put the blinders on the stuff you shouldn't know in her perspective, what she's thinking is perfectly understandable.

@ohms are they really stupid? Wouldn't someone who has the power to wipe out gods be a god themselves? If yes, then who are you to question the whims of the gods? To the gods, you're a simple ant. They might not be real gods, but with their power, they might as well be. You'd be stupid not to take caution and make sure they don't do the same to you what they did to your gods.

Double-page supporter
@sagefox Or they should just, you know, fight the imposter gods together with their real Gods. That would make more sense at least for me.

What you said might be true but, like I said, there nothing like that written anywhere in here and it's just your conjecture. It's the job is author to convey this motive to the readers not us discussing and guessing by ourselves in social media. That's a lazy writing at it's finest.

Dex-chan lover
@sagefox She's just defending the current system, despite knowing it's rotten, because she's afraid of change. I guess that's pretty human. It was her who recommended Karna to the hero party, yet now she fears he will destroy humans. Despite being afraid of change, she certainly believes people can change! It's kind of funny Karna sent the hero party back home alive and is now building a dungeon that doesn't kill adventurers, yet Aisha is now suddenly assuming the dude has gone full evil and is just waiting to mow whole countries down. It's not only the hero party, currently Aisha as well is making an enemy out of Karna, at least in her own mind, fortunately not openly yet.

Sure, I'm speaking from a reader's point of view, but Aisha is not seeing even that which is right in front of her eyes. She might as well ask Karna how he became someone working for a demon lord and running his own dungeon. She would understand a whole lot by doing that, instead of just imagining a whole lot of worst possibilities in her mind.

@Kaarme true. that is a valid point what you last said. However being both the new person, and also having their ass handed to them by your employer earlier would put up a major wall of paranoia, especially since she realized he could read her soul, which can be pretty scary. Being the person who recommended him first to the hero party, and seeing the whole party (and you) get effectively bitch slapped without much fuss on his part and now adding that fact, it doesn't help one not to be thinking of being paranoid and scared of what he could possibly do, and also not realizing she's in a position to do the thing you said: ask and figure out the whole story.
It's kinda hard to think soundly and rationally with that sort of thoughts weighing on your mind, harder still to act on them.

@ohms Yes, that may have been an option at that time.
But that doesn't make the writer lazy. Perhaps there's something there as a bit of foreshadowing later on that the author just simply wanted to tease about for now before making the big reveal of it becoming a major plot point later down the line. At this stage, we can't tell and we should give the author the benefit of the doubt for now. Given that we've already got before the ancient dragon the appearance of one of the outsider gods and a powerful spirit, then there is a big possibility the author is just leaving just this tidbit for now and will give us more later. It all depends on the author now how they'll reveal those parts that doesn't come about in the future as "sloppy".

Dex-chan lover
@sagefox To be fair, if it's common knowledge among humans that all demons want to kill humans (and vice versa), I shouldn't blame Aisha too much. It's just that she's panicking too much despite seeing Karna working all happily for a demon lord yet still being friendly with humans (if possible) and not try to kill humans if he can help it. Such circumstances should allow Aisha to calm down for the time being, in order to assess the situation and learn as much as she can, before drawing any hasty conclusions, like being afraid of Karna himself. Aisha hasn't even met Cecilia, the ara ara demon lord, but because that demon lord is willing to employ a human (possibly not just use a human as a tool), Aisha should all the more try to learn as much as possible. It's especially important since the leaders of the humanity are corrupt and useless, thus incapable of brute forcing anything.

This is actually fun this time, and light-hearted overpowered silliness fits the chapter length.

Yay! The Dungeon Maker Sim now has a playtester.

...What do you mean she's now a full time employee with all the benefits?

im glad he isn't a cocky bastard because he thinks that there is a stronger opponent waiting out there

Fed-Kun's army
I love Aisha's facial expressions. So cute.

Also, thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread