Shizuko Is My Bride - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
IS THAT A SHREK ON THE WEATHER REPORT??

also this manga is really cute thank you for translating.

I love this chapter! I've said before that the beauty of this series is how each chapter has an emotional climax that brings Shizuko and Shuri slightly closer. This chapter is one of the best examples of it. In my opinion, at this point it is clear that Shizuko DOES love Shuri; she is just in denial about it. She even gave him that lap pillow he wanted! :D

The scene where he rescues her from the forced wedding is beautiful.

I LOVE pages 21-22 where Shizuko struggles to avoid admitting to herself that she loves Shuri. :D
Alas, one important slip of Shizuko's tongue gets lost in translation. On p. 21 she actually says: "I can't get married! I already have Shu-"

Regarding the scanlation: I like this translator's STYLE. There are some good wordings. I think some lines are mistranslated, but there are probably also lines where he is right and my translation is wrong. (Background: I am the translator from Decadence who did chapters 1-7. This chapter is done by a different group. Our version of this chapter is not out yet.)

So is this whole manga going to be "Girl is dumb and trusts someone who is obviously undeserving of trust even after boy warns her, girl is imperiled, boy saves her"?

Dex-chan lover
I like these two,but every other chapter feels like "A sudden demon appears & wants to marry Shizuko".
I can't be overthinking this right?

Users who are viewing this thread