Shizuko Is My Bride

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Clever thing with the hair to hide the horn

Group Leader
@TheMinester - Sorry to hear that! Please look forward to our releases and if you're interested, we could use a cleaner/redrawer for it. xoxo

Thanks for the comments, guys and girls! I started translating this almost half a year ago. It's great to see the first chapter finally released. I'm also glad to see that people are liking this!

I hope you will keep following it. IMO this is an absolutely beautiful series - it's up there with "Taishou Otome" as one of my top favourite romance manga. <3

I expected something better from Taishou Otome's author, but reincarnation romance is way too forced.

Dex-chan lover
A pretty fun read. Kirioka Sana really makes very endearing works. Though this kind of reincarnation-romance premise always rubs me the wrong way, I will take it as long as I'm enjoying reading it.

For anyone interested in Shizuko and other works by Kirioka Sana, I have created a wiki about her works: https://kirioka-sana.fandom.com/wiki/Shizuko_Is_My_Bride

Feel free to contribute if you are interested. :)

This gets frustrating to read because Shizuko is always being selfish and not caring about Shuri's feelings. She easily trust other man instead of him.

this is actually dogshit. don't bother reading. every chapter female lead gets kidnapped. realises she likes mc. mc saves her. goes back to treating mc like shit. wow what a great concept. just drop while your ahead and dont waste your time.

@WildGrizzlyBear: I don't think that's fair to Shizuko. She has every reason to be wary of Shuri. He is not exactly respectful towards her either. I love Shuri, but he is also very flawed. Remember the end of chapter 4?

@Orion2G: As I read it, Shizuko DOES gradually grow warmer feelings for Shuri. That is what I love about the series: Almost every chapter ends with them growing slightly closer. But I can also understand why you might not like it.

I think it's interesting to look at what the author appears to be saying. Shuri barges into Shizuko's life uninvited, and while he does try to help and protect her and care for her, he is also incredibly possessive and really bad at listening to her. And have you noticed that whenever Shizuko rejects Shuri and pushes him away, she PROMPTLY gets herself into trouble and needs Shuri to rescue her? :D
It seems that the author is saying: "Girl, you brought this upon yourself by being difficult. You should just be submissive to your man. Look at Yuzuki and Tokoyo! Be more like them!"[1] :D Kirioka Sana is definitely no feminist. She advocates very old-fashioned gender norms.

([1] I'm taking liberties; I know this was released before "Taishou Otome" and "Showa Otome".)

Users who are viewing this thread