Shokuba no onna no ko ni toushi suru hanashi - Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
I really don't think the main girl being 19 is a big deal. I also don't think the author needs to be handed a card on how to be more "politically correct"....

Dex-chan lover
@HauntedPizza @idgi @herpestofderps @yamigosaya @hgbhgbhgb
Being a western, 18 year old is the age when you're a adult who can make their own decisions and have a relationship with another adult of a different age group. People might feel uncomfortable about the age gap but two consenting adults should have the freedom in pursing a relationship regardless of age gap. It's not pedophilia nor is that the case in this manga. The guy in the manga isn't dating a loli or a JK (high school girl).

P.S.
Most Japanese graduate from high school by the time they turn 18, so I doubt the FMC is JK (high school girl). A lot on manga seem to romanticize JK relationships with older adults without addressing things like power dynamics and sexual exploitation that happens very much in Japan (JK prostitution with older males).
The legal adult age for a Japanese is 20 though and according to Japanese law a individual (like the MC) can date a 19 year with parental consent. I assuming the MC does that.
Something really questionable in Japan, in japan the age on consent is 13 years old, the lowest among Asia (the Philippines is 12 years old).

Fed-Kun's army
@_thestranger_ Main thing is that it's a fictional story, with fictional characters. People always spend so much time on these sites trying to say how wrong manga like this are, and ones with more "offensive" age gaps. Or worse, there are sometimes people that go on social media and harass the creators, often until the creator either gives into their demands or stops making the series. It's like great...you just bullied a real person over fictional characters...truly a hero...

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda impressed that the girl is 19 and not a 16 high schooler or some shit.

Dex-chan lover
there's no such thing as a god in this world, no perfect girl to fall for you when you spend 600 bucks in a game 😩

Dex-chan lover
@Ryomi @HauntedPizza
It's hilarious that this manga technically subverts a very popular Japanese trope, a underage JK (high/middle school girls and boys) dating or seeking a relationship of a older individual. Just look at Kusanagi-sensei Is Being Tested, you got a 12 year old girl trying to get in on with her 36 year old female teacher who in turn, accepts those advances from the 12 year old girl. The series alone for having that type of trope gets it over 100,000 thousands views, so I can why authors tend to keep writing about this trope.

Dex-chan lover
@HauntedPizza
Yeah, it's fictional work and 100% agree that creators shouldn't be demanded or pressure to stop making stuff like this. Criticism are perfectly fine, as some folks are doing here for this particular work (I would argue this manga is different from others and not your typical JK/underage romance). But yeah, fictional work about JK/underage romance shouldn't be removed nor should it be prevented in it being created because it's all fictional at the end of the day, no one is getting hurt. Just like playing a violent video game and killing virtual people/things doesn't make you a real murderer.

Dex-chan lover
@_thestranger_ There is nothing inherently wrong with age gaps, and there are real life couples with very large gaps. Yes the FMC is an adult. Yes, she can make her own decisions. Nothing is inherently wrong, but such a gap can have uneven power dynamics (like you said). Now I'm not saying this is happening, but I would just like more peace of mind considering how close the age of FMC is to me, and I don't think I (or those around me) to be capable of noticing when the relationship goes sideways. It could just be me projecting my insecurities, knowing I've been blindsided by infatuation before. But anyways, it's not that big of a deal, considering it's fiction and essentially a perfect world. It's just strange to me that they would choose 19 and 28 versus anything else.

Dex-chan lover
@_thestranger_ yeah, it's kinda disturbing how common that trope is. I mean, when I was 16 the oldest I dated was 18 (it is legal in my country so nothing bad happened), so I don't see a problem with little age gaps of two or three years. But holy shit there's a lot of manga where you have mid 20 or even 30 something men going after teens. It's pretty fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread