Shokuba no onna no ko ni toushi suru hanashi - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@idgi @Ryomi
I totally get and relate to what you are saying idgi. I think if manga authors are going to continue to have age gap relationships of teens with older individuals, they should make more serious, realistic and thoughtful portrayals of age gap relationships of teens with older individuals without romanticizing it or painting a pretty picture (addressing power dynamics, infatuation, sexual exploitation, underage pregnancy). The thing is, the number of manga's that do this is a drop of water in the ocean compare to the number of romanticization/ fetish fulfilment mangas of teens being in or pursing relationships with older individuals. I wish that wasn't the case and there was more of balance but sex and youth sells, especially in Japanese entertainment industry (anime,manga, games, etc).

Dex-chan lover
@_thestranger_ My only hope is that no one on US twitter tries to attack the author as Japanese twitter is a much harsher place and things said to them there could be seen as genuine threats to their life. which has happened a few times with japanese authors and english readers

Contributor
Holy fucking shit, spending so much money for worthless shit
1599552651472.jpg
You won't own anything

Users who are viewing this thread