Shokugeki no Soma - Vol. 36 Ch. 315 - Shokugeki no Souma

Nep

Dex-chan lover
LAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmeee

Thanks for the translation though

Aggregator gang
@Bwana_Robert254
There is still a chapter left. A epilogue you can find it somewhere. But still disappointed.

Not clear if they got together or not.
hell even Erina is disappointed. Expecting souma to follow up his words,like how his father did for his mother. But nope. He felt on a world tour with out contact.

a person "Fixed" the ending https://www.reddit.com/r/ShokugekiNoSoma/comments/cwyodt/fixed_the_ending/ shame the author couldn't do that

Dex-chan lover
@ShionVaynex

Super lame ending.

Souma only had a few goals

1. Beat his father in a cooking match
2. Win the tournament
3. Make Erina Nakiri say his cooking was delicious

The unstated fourth goal was because he loved her, right? There was definite sparks between them.

None of Souma's goals came true, and as we see at the conclusion, he fucks off to go travel the world and barely ever responds to Erina's emails. And then we time skip TEN FUCKING YEARS and they are STILL NOT TOGETHER YET.

The only notification we get of her feelings is that she admits at some point she started looking forward to seeing him again... but... that's it.

7 years of writing. 36 volumes. 315 chapters. Zero goals accomplished.

Group Leader
All the author had to do was one panel. In the epilogue. A panel with erina and soma as a family, maybe with their own kid. That's all. His dad too literally said that cooking improves when u have someone u want to taste ur cooking and erina was that person for soma. But no. Soma had to run around the world, cooking up a storm while conveniently forgetting his dream entirely

Aggregator gang
@LysandersTreason Honestly I don't know how nobody saw this coming. I watched the anime before I started reading manga and it was very obvious that meaningful progress would never be made. The overarching story was always subservient to the per-episode cooking plot, which always went the same way as the last. Souma especially is just not a character designed for development. He's a very cookie-cutter shounen fighter (see Natsu) that cooks instead. Those characters never change because their ambitions are too shallow to keep it interesting afterwards.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism yup. story of my life trying to find good manga/anime that doesn't do this shit. Also, of course, the fact that the dumbass anime goes SUPERNATURAL with people having actual superpowers "I have this chef's knife, so now I have all the cooking skills and knowledge that he did!" It's just straight retarded.

I especially hate when shonen manga will tease a romance for 400+ chapters, often for real life years, but never actually let it start. Sports manga are the worst offenders, (Days, Haikyuu, etc) obviously, but even in say, Fullmetal Alchemist, they could really have advanced the romance plot so much more.

Aggregator gang
@LysandersTreason Toaru is the one I stuck with the longest before giving up. It was a while ago and I didn't know better when I started it, but after multiple spin-offs and dozens of drawn-out generic fight scenes I realized it was just bait and I wasn't enjoying any of it anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@mommunism I never really got into Toaru but will definitely avoid it. I mean it's basically harem-like right? And yet they never resolve anything romantically.

Marginally better are works where there's an actual romance or harem, but so often it's also like a "promised" future romance (like 8th Son, where he has multiple fiancees, yet doesn't ever do anything with them). Or the "death attribute magician doesn't want to die a 4th time" where, again, multiple fiancees, but he's literally in a child's body so it'll be years.

Seinen definitely seems like the way to go. for Isekai, there's Mushoku Tensei. Then there's the MC in Parasyte. Baki gets laid, Guts gets laid.

I really don't understand what's so hard about authors letting a few ships sail. They don't have to be H scenes. You can tell which of your friends are in serious relationships without personally seeing them fuck. Even main characters in DBZ grow up, get married, have kids.

Aggregator gang
@LysandersTreason There's really only one girl in Toaru as far as I remember. A couple girls from the protagonist's class are close to him but I never expected anything romantic with them.

Users who are viewing this thread