"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Theres no way bullies are like this in japan. These bully stories need to be more down to earth. Who gives a shit if he is whoever's grandson, how is a teacher not gonna do anything 😭
It's exactly because he's the grandson of the school's chairman that the teacher didn't do anything. He probably afraid of getting fired or some shit like that.

What is not realistic is the other 99,9% people that sided with the assholes. Like why would they do that. Don't they know that they can hate someone without being so open with it :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
It's exactly because he's the grandson of the school's chairman that the teacher didn't do anything. He probably afraid of getting fired or some shit like that.

What is not realistic is the other 99,9% people that sided with the assholes. Like why would they do that. Don't they know that they can hate someone without being so open with it :facepalm:
It's probably because I'm american or smth but I don't understand teachers allowing students to abuse someone even if its the chairman's grandson doing it but I guess in a Japanese context it does

Dex-chan lover
I'm not well versed with bullying in real life, so it would be helpful if you can share some down to earth examples for my reference.
Bullies don't beat the shit out of people in public infront of everyone first off, because no one would support that shit to begin with. Bullies would usually attack you when no one is there. I doubt the bully even has a reason because people bully kids just because of bad background or they are living a hard life at home. It seems like this guy is bullying because he thinks its cool. They never really show the backstories of bullies anyways so its hard to get motives to why they do such a thing

Dex-chan lover
I'm not well versed with bullying in real life, so it would be helpful if you can share some down to earth examples for my reference.
Also who calls someone who does not want to stab someone in the neck a pussy😭

Dex-chan lover
Theres no way bullies are like this in japan. These bully stories need to be more down to earth. Who gives a shit if he is whoever's grandson, how is a teacher not gonna do anything 😭
twitter and tiktok probably occupy like 25% of a normal japanese's awake time. just a quick video and the kids are ruined for life. a school chairman or 2 ain't jackshit against the internet. but well, fiction gotta be fiction so that readers can have something to enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
Bullies don't beat the shit out of people in public infront of everyone first off, because no one would support that shit to begin with. Bullies would usually attack you when no one is there. I doubt the bully even has a reason because people bully kids just because of bad background or they are living a hard life at home. It seems like this guy is bullying because he thinks its cool. They never really show the backstories of bullies anyways so its hard to get motives to why they do such a thing
the motive was that the "bully" got punched in the face in front of everyone in the classroom - it drew his ire and hate, and people irl actually does irrational things to the point of obsession when it comes to hating someone or something.
considering that everyone else turned on the MC when he did that, it's possible that the "bully" was actually a popular kid who didn't really hurt anyone. the MC on the other hand could have looked like a dangerous person.

since everything was written in the perspective of the MC, who seems really self-absorbed, it's possible that we have an unreliable narrator.

Dex-chan lover
This might be interesting.

Or it might be crappy cliched chuuni bullshit starring an unlikable asshole protagonist who uses his crappy life circumstances as a shallow excuse for being every bit the terrible prick he complains everyone else is.

Could go either way at this point.

Dex-chan lover
It's probably because I'm american or smth but I don't understand teachers allowing students to abuse someone even if its the chairman's grandson doing it but I guess in a Japanese context it does
In Japan connections have a lot of power. People like this, who abuse power based on solely who they know, exist excessively in Japan.

Ironically, word of mouth has even more sway because (for some reason) Japan views everything as Guilty until proven innocent. This is why so many plot points revolve around rumors in manga, they can actually ruin you over there in ways the west could only dream of. So it's unlikely nobody knew MC was getting bullied, but even less likely that they would all join in with him unless they actually just hated MC off the bat.

Bullying in manga doesn't make a sense, how can someone doing all that crap doesn't get any backlash, yes i know he's grandchild of the principal but if everybody recorded him and reported it to minister of education and posted the video to social media they can destroy that school reputation

Supporter
People up in here crying about how this shit is unrealistic. Don't forget that kids are fucking terrible human beings filled to the brim with raging hormones and inexperience. They're literally still figuring out life.
I've had some terrible fucking teachers who were bullies and egged kids on in their behaviors. The teachers sets the the precedence, and this one is rotten to the core (probably untenured and fearing for his iob.) The class is probably acting that way to avoid being a target themselves.
Either way, author made it easy for us to not give a shit about what happens to the students.
I can dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread