Shougakusei ga Mama demo Ii desu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Mama wa Kaettekitayo "Mama Came Home"

"mama came home inside a small box.."

That is one heck of depressing line.. :"

After reading this chapter and translator notes: Thank you for this and for your effort. Hope you continue translating this series.

I dont see how this could last 10 or 15 more chapters, It's heartwarming but there isn't a drama tag so.. unless we get some forced shit about the dad or Kokona forgetting everything, idk

Dex-chan lover
I want to be spoiled rotten by a cute 10 years old girl with adult mind.

Dex-chan lover
Thank for the well done translation.
The note page is a lot of word but I still managed to read them all, and since I noted that you would like a suggestion, may you translate "Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara"?
It's my favorite, only got translated 23 chapters but I found 45 raw chapters.
I wonder if his family keep the urn in house or like mine, send them to the temple, or drop the ash to the ocean.
I wish mine will be dropped to the ocean.

Group Leader
@givemersspls

It's a cultural exchange exactly for the reasons you stated. Manga encapsulates the culture of its country, and expresses it to the reader, whoever it may be. The ones who gets something new out of it would be the "unintended" audience, like us in the English speaking world. It's us who learn a little bit about the Japanese culture and the people, and not the intended audience because, well, they know all that already. And our culture also flows to Japan. Maybe not specifically from you and me, but from cultural products that are primarily aimed at us that still travels to Japan and to the "unintended" audiences there.

The effects are a little diluted now, with the globalization, but freer and faster spread of cultural products more then make up for it, IMO.

As for Ashiya's reaction, she just eavesdropped on Takehiro musing about wanting to be spoiled rotten by someone, and the only one she can think of that fits the bill is Kokona-chan. It's also a somewhat imperfect translation. The Japanese here is "amaeru" which means "to act spoiled" so it's not that Kokona-chan is necessarily spoiling Takehiro but he is actively acting like a spoiled and treasured child toward Kokona. The translation is awkward for another reason. As far as I can see, there's very little negative connotation attached to "amaeru." It might even be what an indulgent parent expect from her child. In English, either being spoiled or spoiling someone, there's always some negative connotation. Even the words themselves bear that out. "Amaeru" is based on "amai" or "sweet" where "spoiled" is, well, spoiled. I could translate it as "I want to be sweet on..." but in English, that actually has a completely different (and um, uncomfortable given the relationship) meaning.

So the impression you should have is Ashiya hearing that Takehiro wanting to act like a spoiled little kid (think: grabby, huggy, overly affectionate, etc) to Kokona-chan. Yeah, it's bad.

@ngkn92

Thanks for the suggestion. Oh, if it wasn't clear, me and the uploader might be the same person and the new account may have been made for some reasons not immediately obvious...

Dex-chan lover
KOJIMA!
hideo-kojima.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Those first four pages just tore my heart.

Btw, anyone else think that someone mixed up the finished product with the manuscript and stapled it together without noticing? A few pages are very bland and look like scribbles, something you'd expect to only be in a manuscript.

@dandan_the_dandan Ditama Bow pretty often just leaves entire panels blank and leaves rough outlines for others. The latest chapter of Kiss x Sis had entire blank panels on pages 1, 8, 19, 22, 27, and two on 28.

Users who are viewing this thread