Shoukan sareta Kenja wa Isekai wo Yuku - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Oh, the princess who's loved by fairies was 5 years old on the loli sage's 10 year old memory. I guess she would be 15 now? Isn't it quite a convenient thing that our MC is also 16 in that world?

@Fari I think he meant he hasn't fought humans IRL before. It's probably just a terribly translated/worded sentence.

Dex-chan lover
"Orcs!?" Yes orcs! Ready to take women. Bikini warrior is just asking for it!

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, seriously, what is up with shit talking the White Mage?

"Ermahgad. You only know how to run away, you're a coward, you're weak, we don't need you, don't get so full of yours-oh snap, I just stepped on a Lego. Pls, for the love of god heal me!"

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase

So you want WarHammer 40k where each faction is just as fucked up in their desires and means they use to reach their end goal if not more so than humans for who there is just as good a reason to argue that having an attitude of Specie Superiority and Massive Xenos Discrimination is actually what keeps them alive?

Totally down for that, too many fantasy writers make all the non human races the 'Din Do Nuthin' factions.

Double-page supporter
@Phelix
So you want WarHammer 40k where each faction is just as fucked up in their desires and means they use to reach their end goal
Not specifically, but yes. That leaves the writer very open to make all kinds of odd justifications for what various groups fight for whilst the reader is left to ponder what is actually morally righteous under specific circumstances.

Compared to the brainlet author's move of directly telling the reader "X evul, Y good, cause X similar to bad stuff".
(The interesting take would be to attempt to present something morally repulsive in a positive light, but too many believe that an authors fiction is representative of their views, so they'd get shit for it, naturally).

Totally down for that, too many fantasy writers make all the non human races the 'Din Do Nuthin' factions
But that takes like, effort. Can't have that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Degernase

What is this effort you speak of? Can I smoke it?!

But yes, the morally grey area of fiction that no one wants to engage because morality is subjective until sensitive people start designing hard definitions for right and wrong. Like, say, a story about monsters who enslave their enemies for the purposes of work, breeding, and ultimately conquest...but in a world that at it's core is actively trying to murder them just as well.

No believes in "crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of the women" anymore, sad times.

In the future...
In a world that knows only war...
In a continent whose cultures have diverged for thousands of years...
One word binds them...
Bro.

Dex-chan lover
@IShallReadTheHeavens The guy reached for the kid but didn't actually do so particularly aggressively. Touya's the one who immediately escalated that situation from "some dudes being nosey dickheads" to a fight, honestly the other guys probably could've claimed self-defense there if they had literally anyone's trust at all.

@Glomoro Ye, but in my mind, they’re screwing with a kid in need, willing to pay for help. It looked to me that guy was tryin to snatch or slap away his money. Fucking with innocent kids is bullshit. I’d charge them with obstruction of business, extortion, domestic violence by intimidation, and child abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread