Shounen Shoujo - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.5 - Epilogue

Group Leader
I wonder if the author's intent was to write one of the most pretentious stories I've ever seen. This started off with an interesting premise but it just felt like bad Banksy art. "nObOdy hAs iNdIviDuaLity". This manga is literally just another Catcher in the Rye. The main character might as well have been Caulfield calling everyone a phony.

Dex-chan lover
I enjoyed this but man, these comments are even more enjoyable. Hoes mad and all that.

Dex-chan lover
The girl's flashback at the end where she couldn't see the boy's individuality means that his secondary sexual characteristics were also beginning to show and she also fell in love with him, just like what happened to the boy.
So she just wanted a lover's suicide.

This story is absolutely a great big 'fuck you' to all your standard shounen romance mangas.
I think this was made just so the author could troll people. NisioIsin gets pretty pretentious at times, but I'm sure this one was intentionally like that for the hell of it.

Hats off to him for this wonderful bullshit. Even if they're not always great, I love how much he fucks with genres and general story concepts.
In a world full of authors who retell the same story over and over again with different gimmicks, Nisio is one of the few who's willing to flip it upside down, throw it in a blender, pop it in the oven, and see if it makes anything worth reading.

"This story is absolutely a great big 'fuck you' to all your standard shounen romance mangas.
I think this was made just so the author could troll people. NisioIsin gets pretty pretentious at times, but I'm sure this one was intentionally like that for the hell of it.

Hats off to him for this wonderful bullshit. Even if they're not always great, I love how much he fucks with genres and general story concepts.
In a world full of authors who retell the same story over and over again with different gimmicks, Nisio is one of the few who's willing to flip it upside down, throw it in a blender, pop it in the oven, and see if it makes anything worth reading."

Gigalul. He may have intentionally wanted the story to be like this, but let's not pretend this is some sort of epic satire/parody/parable/whatever. I can intentionally make a shitty story that also has a lot of unexplored plot threads; does that mean it's good? Of course not. This is a failure of a story. But because it's written by Nisio, it gets a pass because "lul epic troll". God I hate people like you that sees a piece of crap as some sort of masterpiece. This manga is like the equivalent to that woman who let people grope her in the name of "performance art".

Double-page supporter
i love all these butthurt freeloader's comments

also glad we get to see all these faces xD

Dex-chan lover
I think this was an interesting story none the least, I probably wouldn't have read this if it was complete already, guess I'm glad I stuck through.

Also, near the end it shows that the little girl also at one point couldn't see the little boy, which would mean she started to like him/fell in love with him?

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell if the story was complete nonsense from the start, or if it was the translation, or what...

But that was 15 chapters to say "The end. No moral."

Fed-Kun's army
So she did fell for him in the end, nice!

EDIT: wait, we never saw Doku's face, did we? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH (then again I suppose its on purpose with that scene with the "clones" so he doesnt have true individuality ?)

It's a little sad that the girl wasn't able to hear the boy on her birthday party.

Dex-chan lover
That was adorable

This is a romance manga through and through even if it was rather unconventional

Dex-chan lover
It felt so refreshing to see all the characters faces, but we didn't get to see Doku face sadly.
I guess it was ok, I was confused for the most part but yeah..

Dex-chan lover
Looks to me like this was axed hard.
And if it wasnt axed, the gurl would eventually have come back to life and story goes on

Double-page supporter
It’s not exactly unconventional. You just don’t know the genre. It’s angst. Read Catcher in the Rye, and tell me it ain’t the same shit.

Dex-chan lover
As always people seem to take nisioisin's works as a big middle finger to *insert trope here* but I feel that misses part of the point. Poking at genre staples doesn't devalue them. Laughing at audience expectations and presenting something else entirely doesn't mean they were bad. As much as he mocks them he loves them as well. They're borderline parody than deconstruction.

The ending I think really sells that. The end was a story of one girl giving something to one boy and through it the audience can choose to embrace the answer the author gives or look for their own, achieving their own individual catharsis. Is one more meaningful than tje other? My experience says that Nisio values both and just wants to achieve that distinction in his works.

As always his combo with Akatsuki is perfect, but that's just my opinion ;)

Users who are viewing this thread