Shounen Y

Dex-chan lover
Hey this is really good, thanks for translating it.

Fed-Kun's army
A manga about philosophical conundrums might sound like a good idea, but I feel completely disconnected from the story. Yes, it's hard to choose a life, but so what? I'm supposed to care about the protagonist, but all the author managed to make me feel was the anxiety the protagonist felt before being introduced to the class. After that, the great mystery just fell flat on its face. There was nothing to hook me. Thank you for this lesson in writing. I hope never to make a mistake like this myself.

Power Uploader
Hmmm… well, I see where TheBlueCat is coming from, but I think this has less to do with the writing technique and more with how each person becomes invested in a story. Personally, I was instantly connected to Yuzuru and the idea of choices and whether or not they make sense. I think we're supposed to understand little by little, and retrospectively, why it is that he was chosen by "gods" to play these existential games.

Your disconnect may tell more about you than about the author and the story. Nobody is supposed to feel the same way as you. Some will, some won't. And that's not a bad or a good thing.

(For the record, Shounen Y ran successfully for eight volumes and although the mangaka isn't well known in the West, he's been continuously serialised ever since.)

I can't wait to translate the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
So this is basically feels guy & reals guy teaming up to take down a bunch of bored deities. I like it.

Dex-chan lover
Who else remembers... The Button? 🌎🌎🌎
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rzIwrEqpw

So many insufferable characters in this manga.
Anyways, we know it won’t have a satisfying conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread